Thursday, April 24, 2014

~Three Things Thursday~

1. Clearly I am struggling with blogging! Finding the time is difficult and I don't feel as though I have  much to write about, other than my sweet babies! I also have been struggling to keep up with reading blogs. I'm around though.

2. I finally feel like I'm on track to get back into shape. So far it has been working well to get a workout in while Audrey naps in the afternoon. Sometimes Leo is sleeping or he's just content to watch me jumping around. I haven't felt a major urge to run but I think with the nice weather it's coming back. I did my first run post csection today- 20 minutes on the treadmill. I didn't die! It actually went a lot better than I thought.
I'm thinking of signing up for a 5k in July which will definitely get me back into my running shoes. It's funny how with Audrey I was just itching to get back running and this time I've been content doing yoga and Jillian Michaels' workouts.

Yoga is hard work for a baby!

3. Well, it's been 11 weeks and I finally feel as though we are coming out of the newborn plus toddler fog. We did make the decision to put Audrey back in the day home once a week, which has been great for both of us. She enjoys seeing her friends again and I get a 'Leo and mommy' day. It gives me the chance to meet with some mommy friends and run errands with just one babe in tow. 

One of Leo's girlfriends



6 comments:

  1. Great job on the run!
    When we have baby #2, I'll keep Avery in day home 1-2 days a week still too. The socialization is good for them, and a great break for Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to running!

    I'm glad you guys decided to have Audrey go back to the day home even just for a day. Gives you a much needed break/bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the run! I am so glad it's working better with A in the day home and you getting some less busy times!! So much better. And so glad you are finding more time to workout! I'm with ya on blogging, my life is all baby right now so I don't know what else to blog about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is just soo cute!!! Looks like a little man already!!! Im blogging about Noah a lot too, but it's a blog about my life and he is my life!! I'm struggling to keep up on reading, the number of blogs I actually read now is waaay down!! But I try to keep up with my regulars!! Lol.
    Glad you decided to put A back in the day home, I think it will give you that one on one time with Leo and downtime for yourself too, even if it is just once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leo is so adorable! And a girlfriend already? Ha ha ... Ellie was betrothed at five weeks :) We kept Topher in his day home once/week when Ellie was a newborn too. He would still be going but the lady who ran it just had a baby in March, so she closed in December. I'm finding it SO HARD to keep up with everything without that "day off"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great you decided to give yourself a "break" one day a week! Like you said, Audrey enjoys seeing her friends and you get to have a bit of an easier day. I'm sure having a baby and a toddler to take everywhere with you would be very hard!

    Jillian Michael's workouts are no joke! If you keep doing them regularly I'm sure you'll go back to running stronger than ever anyways!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!