Monday, May 5, 2014

~Spring Snow Weekend Recap~

Hubby took a long weekend since he has been working pretty long hours. It was so nice to have him home for the extra day!!

Thursday I went to an Epicure fundraiser party for a few of my half marathon running buddies. I haven't seen them since my last race in October so it was wonderful to catch up with them and for them to meet Leo. It kind of gave me the bug to start training for a half again. We will see!

Friday we went to the Zoo. The elephants' departure has been delayed due to bad weather along their travelling route to their new home in Washington DC so they are here for a few more weeks. Audrey loves them so we thought it would be good to see them again.

Even the elephants didn't want to go outside!

The weather was utterly awful- it was pouring rain and cold!! My raincoat that I bought last fall definitely came in handy and I'm so glad I bought it even though I second guessed myself at first (since I was pregnant!). Luckily we have a rain cover for Leo's car seat and Audrey adores her raincoat and boots so it wasn't too miserable of a trip. I was smart and packed a spare pair of pants for Audrey since I figured she wouldn't stay dry with all those fun puddles!!
Nap time at the zoo?
Audrey isn't afraid of snakes!

Silly gorillas
Awesome rain jacket
Audrey almost falling into the Flamingo enclosure!

That night, Grandma and Great-Grandma came to get Audrey to take her overnight. Nice break for Mom and Dad! We took advantage of just having one child and went out for dinner for Chinese. We tried a new place and it wasn't bad.

Saturday we all slept in (and Audrey slept through the night without wake ups at Grandma and Grandpa's- figures!) before getting a lazy start to the day. We went grocery shopping and to the Market where we had Phil and Sebastian's coffee, which I am now addicted to!

That evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner with the rest of the family. It was nice to see everyone and have a delicious meal! Audrey serenaded us with 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and 'Itsy Bitsy Spider.' She can be pretty cute!

(And I sadly took zero pictures!!) 

Sunday we did some shopping for the house since the snow prevented us from doing anything fun outside! 

Sleeping when we left... still sleeping when we got home 3 hours later!

In the afternoon, while hubby and Audrey napped, Leo kept me company while I ran on the treadmill. I'm catching up on Mad Men since I've watched all the Downton Abbey episodes until the next season airs.

Hanging out while Mommy runs
Neighbors' snowman

The weather isn't getting much nicer this week so it looks like we will be doing some indoor activities to keep busy. Scarf and boot weather will be sticking around for just a bit longer. It's my fault since I just bought a maxi skirt, dress and sandals.

I'm just glad that I am not training for a spring race right now!

6 comments:

  1. This spring has been crazy!! Apparently you guys are supposed to get some more spring snow??

    what are sandals? capri's? what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck to that snow!!! I sooo wish we had a zoo closer! Looks like soo much fun!!! I will try not to leave a novel for you with this comment and minimize the typos - maybe!
    Love that A slept all night at her sleep over! How did they do it? Lol.
    Love those guava boots on L!!! Such a cutie!!
    Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather is insane!! Gah. I hope we get spring soon. I LOVE that coffee at the market! We should go! Glad you guys got some down time and had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This snow is crazy, it better be done for good now. I cannot wait to take Avery to the zoo this year.
    Phil & Sebastian's is the best, we have a place here that has it and our favourite place in Edmonton serves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Zoo pictures are great!! I can't believe people are making snowmen in May - California girl speaking for sure over here! :) Hope you get some spring like weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to have some fun while J had some time off :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!