Monday, June 16, 2014

~Father's Day + Weekend~

Happy ~belated~ Father's Day to my wonderful Dad. Even though I don't get to see him that often, I know he thinks about me everyday and he's always in my thoughts.


Happy ~belated~ Father's Day to the father of my two babies!! He is the most amazing Dad and I'm so grateful every day that my children have such a wonderful father in their lives. He is so patient, kind, fun and beyond helpful. 



My favourite photo of these 3

Unfortunately, we didn't get to celebrate Father's Day as I had hoped because a nasty flu bug invaded our house and taken us each down one by one. It started with Audrey last week, then hubby and now me. It's been awful! Hoping I have a far speedier recovery than hubby or else this week won't be fun!

On Friday, after Audrey recovered and before I got the flu, we went to the Zoo. It was a particularly wet day but when you promise a 2 year old you are going to the Zoo, rain isn't a good excuse to bail. We managed to stay relatively dry by staying indoors at the butterfly conservatory and the atrium and with umbrellas when we needed to go outside. I brought my rain boots but didn't wear them since it wasn't raining when we got there. That was dumb! My feet got soaked! 
T-Rex in the Prehistoric Park
Audrey smelling the plants in the Atrium

On Saturday, I had an amazing facial, which was part of my Mother's Day gift. It was so amazing- I want one every month now! My skin feels so nice. Facials are my favourite spa treatment. Hubby, being the amazing father he is, managed to get Leo down for a 3 hour nap in his crib! That's a first!! Hopefully I can continue getting him to nap in his crib. 

That evening I started to feel sick and we had a bad night with Audrey so when I woke up Sunday morning I felt like death. We cancelled on family brunch but the ILs came to get Audrey. We both started to feel better after a bit more sleep and a shower so we ended up going for brunch after all, just late. My SIL made a delicious meal and I wish I had felt better to really enjoy it. 

Afterwards we went to a 2nd birthday party for our friend's son. Audrey had a blast playing with the other kids and we had a good time visiting. 

I didn't feel well that evening and we had another bad night with Audrey. That girl just hates sleep!! 

Hubby stayed home from work today since he still wasn't feeling completely better, but definitely on the mend. I'm worse so I'm so happy he has been here all day to help with the kids- I don't know what I would have done! 

Such a happy morning baby!

I've been napping off and on and surviving on these three items: water, crackers and peppermint tea. Greatest diet ever. 

Not. 


Ok flu- you can leave now. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you are all on the mend soon! The flu sucks!!

    That picture of Leo is beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's not good at all. I hope you get well soon! I think I remember reading that peppermint tea (and more so sage tea) can lower your milk supply (people drink it like crazy while weaning), so just be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I hope you feel better soon! We only have colds here and just that is no fun. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! You guys just can't seem to catch a break from being sick!!! Hope you feel better soon!! Sounds like you made the best of the weekend at least!
    Do you reccomend us making a trip to the zoo?
    Yay for your hubby getting Leo to nap in his crib!! I've got Noah napping in the pack and play now, hoping to try the crib soon, as I plan to transition him up there once we get home from our trip!!
    Love all the pics of your hubby and the kids! Soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, hope you and the family feel better! Did you guys get a flu shot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw feel better! That sunny hat is so cute on Leo, is it SPF? I need one for my guy, all I've seen is REALLY girly sun hats! Hmmph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great Dads!! Hope you feel better soon!! :( Once you are better we should walk to go to the market. I LOVE that last photo of Leo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!