Friday, June 6, 2014

.:Leo: Four Months:.






Eating: Hasn't changed too much from last month- Leo still eats every 2-4 hours during the day. I pump a few times a week and he takes a bottle without a problem. I have quite the stockpile in the freezer which is awesome! Makes it much easier to leave him for a few hours.

Sleeping: Night time is still going pretty well. He goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and usually sleeps till 6:00am, although once or twice a week he wakes up between 3:30-4:30am to eat. I usually bring him into bed if he wakes up after 5:30am so he can eat and we can go back to sleep. He's usually up for the day between 7-8:30am.
Naps are still random and everywhere! I haven't worked too hard on getting him to nap in his crib quite yet. He's been catnapping quite a bit but he is pretty happy so I'm not too worried about it. He usually has 2-3 catnaps that range from 20-40 minutes each and then maybe one longer nap from 1-3 hours. He's pretty content so I'm not going to change anything quite yet.

I am worried that the 4 month sleep regression will hit us hard, especially now that I've written down his good sleeping habits.

Diapers: Leo is mostly wearing cloth diapers, except for the last week since he's had diarrhea and a diaper rash so I've needed to slather him in cream which is not good for cloth diapers. He's still in Size 2 Pampers Swaddlers.

Weight/Size: Leo was measured at his Doctor's appointment this week and is 12.12 lbs and 24 inches long (between 5-15th percentile). He hasn't gained much weight in the last month but the Doctor didn't seem concerned.
Leo is wearing 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothing. The 0-3 month onesies are getting small length wise but the 3-6 month pants are quite big, especially if he is wearing disposables.

Hair and eyes: Brown hair, what he has of it, and blue eyes, so far.

Leo's cradle cap is mostly gone. However, the rash he had on his cheeks and arms is now everywhere. I changed the detergent back to Tide Free and Clear- turns out that Ivory Snow is quite heavily scented and was likely irritating his skin. The Doctor did diagnose him with eczema though. So we have been putting Glaxal Base cream on him 2x a day to help it. I have seen some improvement in the last couple of days. Hopefully he grows out of it soon. It doesn't seem to bother him which is good.

Milestones: We worked on tummy time a lot this month and he is a pro at it now! He usually doesn't mind it too much. He occasionally will roll from tummy to back but he isn't doing it consistently. He has rolled a couple times from back to tummy but again not consistently. That's fine by me- I'm not ready for him to be on the move quite yet! He does a 180 on his play mat just by kicking his legs around.




Leo has been sucking on his fingers and his thumb. Often he will wake up partially and will self soothe by sucking on his hand or thumb and he goes back to sleep.

Personality: He is such a happy baby! He will lay on his play mat for a long time just watching and batting at the toys. He will "talk" to them which is adorable. He is content staring at himself in the swing mirror, playing on his mat, and watching Mommy, Daddy or big sister. He loves attention too and gives the biggest smiles and giggles when you talk to him. He does have his fussy moments but it's usually because he is hungry, tired or dirty.

Nicknames: Little Man, Munchkin, Mr. Leo, Lovey, Baby Brother, Buddy

Likes: Cuddling, eating, people talking to him, diaper changes, looking around, his swing, the baby hawk carrier (sometimes), baths, raspberries on his belly, his playmat

Dislikes: His car seat, the baby hawk carrier (sometimes), dirty diapers, being hungry or cold, being tired.

Mommy Update: I almost feel back to my regular self, except when I go running! I still wonder sometimes how I ran half marathons while pregnant because 4K seems so hard some days! I know I'll get back there though, I just need to be patient and put the time in.
I've been doing T25 for about 2-3 weeks now (I took 5 days off when my Dad came to visit) and I love it! It's so different from what I'm used to and I feel stronger and fitter each week. I'm losing weight and my clothes are feeling looser so I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've also been drinking the Shakeology which is delicious!

Since I'm training for a 5K in a month I've had to change up the recommended T25 program up a bit to include 3 runs a week. So I usually do T25 3-4x a week, run 3x a week and yoga at the studio once a week so a couple double days but I just listen to my body and try to not over do it.
I haven't had problems finding time to workout most days, although weekends are harder since our schedule is all over the place. I usually workout during Audrey's nap time and sometimes Leo is also sleeping and other times he just hangs out with me while I workout. Occasionally I do my workout in the evening if I wasn't able to fit it in during the day. There was one day that it took me 3 attempts to get a run in but I finally got it done!

Having Wednesdays as "Mommy and Leo Day" has been great. I've been able to give him more one-on-one time and make plans with friends that don't require a toddler friendly atmosphere. Thankfully most of my mommy friends are pretty accommodating with Audrey but it is difficult sometimes for me to juggle everyone and have a good visit.


The dread "post partum hair loss" has begun. Hair everywhere! Yuck! My hair line is still recovering from after Audrey was born so I'm sure I'm going to be sporting a mullet soon with all the regrowth! Between this and my hair dresser moving away, I'm expecting quite a few bad hair days in my near future. Haven't they invented a pill or shampoo for this yet?




Big Sister: Audrey is enjoying her "big sister" role every day. She loves to give Leo kisses, hugs and tell him she loves him. Makes me so happy that she loves him so much. She's started imitating me and saying "Awww, he's so cute!" It's pretty funny! She is at such a fun age and her language is amazing. Some days I can't stop laughing at the stuff that comes out of her mouth. She's two going on fifteen!





Now that the weather is decent, we are able to go outside a lot more. We've been adventurous and have gone to the Zoo a few times with other moms and toddlers.

Sleep is still an issue some nights. We really don't know how some nights she can sleep right through until morning and other nights be a complete mess and up 4-5 times. Hopefully those nights are far and few between now.

She's also getting a bit interested in potty training but not quite there yet.

Misc: Leo met Grandpa M last month! It was so wonderful to have him visit. Audrey adored him and pretty much monopolized his time!


Leo, each month you amaze us with your sweet personality, and laid back attitude. We will never tire of you smiles and giggles! They are music to our ears and you bring smiles to our faces each day. We love seeing you interact with us, especially your big sister. 

8 comments:

  1. He's so adorable! And you are lucky he is a thumb sucker! I have wished both boys were and now I'm hoping Tilly will be. It seems very convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months already?! Time is flying by. And he's getting so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, time flies! He's SUCH a cutie!!! Running is going to come back in no time-- I'm impressed you're finding time for that, T25 and being a mama to 2! Good job lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 months!! I swear it is sneaking up on us! Haha. Our boys sound soo similar except my child doesn't goto bed until 9:30/10! How the heck do I get to 7:30?? Lol! Noah has been better at napping today, but last week was rough! Did Leo get his shots?
    Leo isn't that much bigger than Noah! He's done some catching up! He was 24.75 long and 12 pounds last week!
    Love the pics of A and L!! So cute!
    Good job mama on the weight loss! You sound like you are making progress, mine is slow, although I'm just a week in! I relapsed Friday with a chocolate bar and now that's all I want!! Luckily I don't have any and refuse to give in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of Audrey and Leo together are so precious!

    I can really see you in him. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article was great in suggesting new brands and
    styles to try out.
    , I thought this article was suppose
    to help those of us who have never used diapers,
    Thank you so much for this comprehensive list!
    I have read many reviews and done a ton of research
    . This has helped me make decisions
    on diapers.I am completely happy with your website
    . All comments and articles
    are very useful and very good. Your blog is very
    careful-take control.
    I am loving all of the inside ,


    ReplyDelete
  7. This article was great in suggesting new brands and
    styles to try out.
    , I thought this article was suppose
    to help those of us who have never used diapers,
    Thank you so much for this comprehensive list!
    I have read many reviews and done a ton of research
    . This has helped me make decisions
    on diapers.I am completely happy with your website
    . All comments and articles
    are very useful and very good. Your blog is very
    careful-take control.
    I am loving all of the inside ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this whole post! He is doing so awesome!! Such cute photos too. And you are kicking butt! So excited for you. I love him and Audrey, what a great big sister! And how is he 4 months already!? Gah...time pleeeeeease slow down a little!! See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!