Tuesday, July 15, 2014

~Weekend Recap~

Another summer weekend over. Almost halfway through July already! Now slow down already!

Friday was a pretty low key date. After a busy couple of weeks we took it easy and just hung out all day at home. Audrey went to Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleepover which was a nice break for us and she was super excited about it.

Hubby, Leo and I went to an Indian restaurant for dinner. It was delicious! Afterwards we shared a yummy Turtles DQ Blizzard and had a relaxing rest of the night.

Saturday morning Leo and I headed out to run some errands. I wanted to get a little pool for the backyard since the small one we had before had a leak or two and doesn't stay inflated anymore. I also had been searching high and low for a pop-up sun shelter since our backyard has full sun all day and no shade. We haven't been able to spend as much time out there as I would have liked because Leo can't be out in the sun. I finally found one at Canadian Tire and it's perfect. I also found a few water toys for Audrey.

After Audrey came home and napped, we hung out in the backyard, enjoying the new shade and pool. Audrey was pretty excited about it all.





After the kids were in bed, my sister-in-law texted me that she found Angry Orchard at a local liquor store. It's our favourite cider, that we found when we were in Phoenix a couple years ago and haven't been able to find here, until now! Hubby ran to the liquor store to pick some up that night! Yum!!


Sunday was my birthday. We went to my IL's for a delicious brunch. It was such a beautiful day- we were able to eat outside.

I was definitely spoiled- Amethyst earrings, Nioxin hair treatment (apparently hubby does listen when I complain about post partum hair loss!), a ticket to Wicked next month, a Tiffany's necklace. Lucky lady I am!

I also requested that hubby take some photos of me with the kids, since I'm usually the one taking the pictures.











Unfortunately, Leo had a pretty rough day since I'm pretty sure he is teething. Like his sister, he gets congested when teething so he has been coughing, sneezing and wheezy. I just hope he doesn't get croup like hubby used to when he was teething! Poor little guy needed a lot of snuggles.

We also booked our flights to Phoenix in the fall. It's kind of hard to look forward to it when the weather is so nice here right now but I'm sure we will be very excited as it gets closer and the weather here turns cold!

This meant that I actually needed to get myself organized and apply for Leo's passport! I quickly took him to get his photo done so now I just need to go to the Passport office in the next week or two.



Overall it was a pretty nice weekend! It was fairly low-key which is exactly what I needed after the last few busy weeks.

** I don't know why all my iPhone pictures are so blurry when uploaded to the blog! They aren't blurry on my phone. Any ideas on how to fix that? Maybe they are uploading to iCloud with a lower resolution? They look fine on the computer also.

7 comments:

  1. So how does angry orchard compare to Somersby? Are they similar? I should see if they sell them here!
    Love the pics of you and the kiddos!! What kind of shade pop up is that? I want to get a tent of some sort I think!
    Glad you were spoiled for your birthday!!
    Sounds like a super fun weekend!! I am in operation get organized mode!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!!! Those photos are adorable!

    So jealous you're going to Wicked!! I loved it in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of you and the kids are great! I always try to get birthday/Mother's Day pictures of me and the kids - those are pretty much the only ones I have because I'm always the one behind the camera! How do you get so much done in a weekend? I'm usually passed out on the couch by noon on Saturday ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried cider! I might need to look here, when have a couple really awesome liquor stores that have everything. Love the photos of you and the kids :) And sounds like you had a great bday. I am a little jealous of the hair loss lol, I have way too much hair and lost NOTHING. Even my hairdresser had hoped I would loose some!
    And YAY for Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Beautiful photos of you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad you had an awesome birthday!! LOVE those photos of you and the kids. A's infinity scarf is so cute. That's perfect you found those ciders!! Which store? I will have to try them!! Let me know how they hair stuff works. I just hate my baby hairs.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!