Monday, September 15, 2014

~Weekend Recap~

Thankfully the weather turned around and it wasn't winter this past weekend! Summer might be back for a few more days!!

Friday we had our first Mother Goose class at the Library. It was nice to meet some other moms and babies and learn some new songs and rhymes. This particular class is more geared towards 0-12 months so while Audrey enjoyed some parts, an hour is too long to sit and sing for a toddler. We have to miss the next couple of classes anyway so I'm wondering if we should continue. I wish I could do it with just Leo but I can't find childcare for Audrey every Friday.


I went to yoga after the kids went to bed! Yay for 2 weeks in a row!! There is a new instructor which I quite like- she leads a flow class. I'm enjoying the me-time and working on my yoga.

Saturday was errands and chores day! Hubby and the kids let me sleep in while they went to Canadian Tire for oil change supplies. Leo had his first trip in a shopping cart! He looks so grown up yet so little beside his big sister!


Hubby did my oil change and then I ran a bunch of errands with Leo while he and Audrey grocery shopped. It was a divide and conquer the chore list day. At nap time (which Audrey did not nap), he went to help some friends deal with their broken trees, from the snow last week.


That night, after the kids were in bed, we had a stay-in Date Night. We watched Pain & Gain which was interesting. It was funny but also disturbing considering that it's based on a true story.


Sunday was a busy driving day. We went to Spruce Meadows for the Masters competition in show jumping, which is at the other end of the city. It is such a family friendly event and I always love watching show jumping.


Trying on shoes

Perfect fit!

Watching the RCMP with their horses

Waiting for the train

Loving the train

A tight fit for this guy in the train!

Watching the horses in the warm up ring
Warm up ring

We went to my sister's house for dinner, to celebrate my nephew and niece's birthday (which I failed to document). We had a good visit with everyone and dinner was delicious! My aunt made her famous espresso chocolate cake which is to-die for! You can bet I gobbled that right up!

It was a great weekend, even if it did go by too fast :(

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like soo much fun!! Where is Leos hat from? And of course I love those chevron pants!! I also love that pic of A in the shoes!! Too cute!! Sounds like a busy but productive weekend! Look at him in the shopping cart! I'm sure Noah could try that now that he is pretty stable at sitting, he is just small! Lol! I should get a shopping cart cover to help bulk it up a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I love date night in! So cute in the shopping car together!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! We watched Pain & Gain on the train in Europe (on our phone) and you just made me wish I was traveling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun weekend! The pictures of them in the shopping cart, and then Audrey with the big shoes are so great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!