Monday, October 20, 2014

~A Little Bit About Moi~

1. I wish I spoke French. I technically, according to my high school diploma, can speak French but I never could. Even with As in my class, I was just never comfortable speaking the language. This is part of the reason why I want to send my children to French Immersion. Hubby did French Immersion and the first time I heard him speak French I was sort of wowed.

2. Growing up I loved to read. I still do but I don't find as much time to do it anymore. I could spend less time on the internet reading but I inevitably get sucked into something on my phone while sitting in bed. So I hope to read a few books while on vacation. Half the time I reach for my Kobo and it's dead, from lack of use!

3. When I was a pre-teen I was slightly obsessed with Anne of Green Gables. I read all the books (there are 8 and I wish I still had my set), and watched the movies. I even made my family check out Lucy Maud Montgomery's house when we were in PEI when I was 13! I also wanted to name my future children after characters in the books! And no, there aren't any Audrey or Leo's in the books, that I recall anyway!



4. Being dairy-free is hard. It severely limits the treats I can have and cheesy entrees. I don't know how people do this forever! I could never do Paleo! And nutritional yeast is not the same.



5. I ate Malaysian food for the first time last week. It was delicious, although a tad spicy for my liking.

6. The messy bun is my new fav hair style. Even though doing my hair doesn't take too long, thanks to curlers, but when I wear it down Leo pulls on it, it gets stuck in my scarf, I get a rat's nest at the neck so it's just easiest to toss it up.


7. Current story of my life...


Laundry is my favourite 'chore', (least hated?) but that doesn't mean I want to do 4 loads a day. It really does never end. As soon as I get the laundry baskets emptied, it's time to start all over again.

Tell me something I don't know about you!! 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your hair like that!! I need to try it. I still have those terrible regrowth hairs though! I don't know how you are doing dairy free either, so hard! But worth it for Leo hopefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea on how to style my hair! It is either down or in a ponytail....no idea how to do a bun like that. I've read instructions and it just confuses me :-(

    I wish I could speak French too - so many job opportunities out there for people who speak both languages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wish that I could speak another language. It would come in super handy while traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post idea! Love your hair. I took French all the way through school, and did an exchange trip to France in grade 11! But can barely speak it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair like that! I throw mine up in a ponytail every day and that's it - I'm seriously considering chopping it all off! I grew up speaking both English and French but now that I live in Alberta I rarely use it. I try to watch French TV or listen to French radio every now and then but I've lost so much of my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear my hair up all the time - no joke! Your hair looks cute like that! M refuses to let Noah do French immersion - he did it and had a bad experience ending up transferring to English after a few years. It also doesn't help that we have a perfectly good school down the street from us (that M ended up transferring to). I loved French in school, but I can't say I'd be fluent anymore!
    I can remember watching Anne of green gables on TV as a kid!
    I could not do dairy free! I can say I did it during that yeast cleanse... But man it was horrible! I will say that I don't eat nearly as much cheese anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an Anne of Green Gables fan as well!!!! The first "snow storm" day of the year we ALWAYS watched it straight through. That was a lot of watching but I loved it. Oh Matthew, it gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even have kids and laundry is FOREVER in our house. I do it all every weekend and i swear by Tuesday our baskets are full again.

    I also wish I spoke french and loved Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!