Wednesday, October 15, 2014

~Thankful Long Weekend~

I can't be anymore grateful for this past long weekend.
So much loveliness in 4 days.

On Friday, I took advantage of the gorgeous fall weather we have been enjoying and took the kids for a walk to the Farmer's Market. The playground there is perfect for Audrey and I was happy to find out that Phil & Sebastian's does make a soy latte! My day was made!



"Noooo! Don't take my picture!"

Best buddies in the Chariot- even if they don't look it here!

I also enjoyed a wonderful yoga class in the evening. Perfect start to the long weekend of thankfulness.

Saturday we went to 3 different grocery stores to get the ingredients for the Thanksgiving Dinner we were hosting for my family on Sunday. Well, Audrey and hubby went to 3, Leo and I only joined for the last one. Shockingly, Costco wasn't a complete zoo but as usual we spent a lot of money. Sometimes I wish that store wasn't so close to us! We should be good for a couple months though, especially with our upcoming trip.

We went to South St. Burgers for lunch. I quite enjoy that place. Leo was giving lots of hugs and kisses.






Sunday morning we started prepping for turkey dinner. Hubby did most of it, as usual, and did an outstanding job. He even almost lost a finger carving the turkey :/ Thankfully stitches weren't required. My leftover gauze from my wisdom teeth surgery came in handy though!


 
Nearly impossible to get a good shot of these two. Professional I am not.








It was great hanging out with my family. My nieces and nephew do such a great job entertaining their cousins, which makes the evening so much more relaxing for me. We enjoyed great conversation, tons of delicious food and some good wine. Perfect evening to give thanks for all our blessings.


Cuddling with cousin
Leo and Grandma

On Monday morning, we went to Cobb's Corn Maze. We were joined by a long-time friend, K, who lives out of town and we haven't seen in far too long. It was so nice to catch up with her, reminisce about the old days and just pick up where we left off. I've met some pretty amazing people over the years and she is definitely one of them. Love you girl!!





This slide scared Audrey so much! She flipped over onto her belly halfway down!


K, Leo and I

Attempting to get pumpkin photos





Tractor Ride!!!! Once the tractor started...




Family photo


That night we went over to the in-laws for another filling and delicious turkey dinner. Once again we were surrounded by family and friends that we are so thankful for. Everyone moment we can spend together is precious.

This guy has the best expressions!





Attempting a group family photo.


The weather was gorgeous the entire weekend. It couldn't have been better.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Leo's expressions...they're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I agree with Kristen- love Leo's expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pumpkin pictures! Such a nice Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds line so much fun!! We were supposed to goto a pumpkin patch here, but it's soo crummy out! I think we will skip it this year and just take a pumpkin pic here at the farm lol!
    Love Leo's outfit with the bow tie! Adorable!!! All the pictures are great!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did this post just show up for me?! So odd. What a great weekend!! I LOVE that pumpkin patch, your photos are better than mine, D was so overwhelmed there were no smiles!! ha Leo's smiles are so great!! LOVE him.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!