Tuesday, January 13, 2015

~An Exciting Opportunity: Run For L'Arche~



I'm excited to announce that I will running the 5th Annual Run For L'Arche,
in the 5 Mile distance, on March 21, 2015!

This is my 2nd time participating in the Run For L'Arche- my first was in 2013, where I ran the Half Marathon distance.




The Run For L'Arche was started in 2011 and has raised over $150,000 for L'Arche Calgary's homes and programs for adults with developmental disabilities.

The Run For L'Arche was started by a group of Rogers Insurance employees after they travelled to France to participate in a marathon and had the opportunity to meet the founder of L'Arche, Jean Vanier. They were inspired to organize a half marathon to raise funds for the L'Arche Calgary community.

The Run For L'Arche has three distances: Half Marathon, 5 Mile and 1K Fun Run/Walk. All ages, abilities, strollers and wheelchairs are welcome. There are cash prizes and a delicious pancake breakfast afterwards!

Early Bird Registration ends January 15, 2015 so hurry up and sign up now!

This will be my first time racing the 5 Mile distance. I'm excited for a new challenge and to share my training along the way.


3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That's awesome! I'm hoping to do this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great race! I wish I could run it this year

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!