Tuesday, January 20, 2015

~Run For L'Arche: The Training Plan~



Since this is my first 5 Mile race, I decided to look up a 5 Mile training program to guide me towards a strong finish on race day.

While I know I can complete 5 Miles (I've done 10+ half marathons), I would like to work on speed.

I found a 5 Mile training program from Hal Higdon which I think will work well for me.

Run for L'Arche 5 Mile Training Program
WEEKMONTUEWEDTHUFRISATSUN
1Rest2 m run30 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest2 m run
2Rest2 m run30 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest2.5 m run
3Rest2.5 m run35 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest3 m run
4Rest2.5 m run35 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest3.5 m run
5Rest2.5 m run40 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest4 m run
6Rest3 m run40 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest4 m run
7Rest3 m run45 min cross2 m run + strengthYogaRest4.5 m run
8Rest3 m run30 min cross2 m runYogaRace

I will officially start the training program next week, which will be 8 weeks till the race. It's perfect timing because it's just before my half marathon on February 8th so I will be tapering down.

Watch out for my weekly recaps and I'll let you know how my training is going!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!