Friday, February 6, 2015

.:ONE:.

Dear Leo,

Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet little boy!

One amazing year ago, you joined our family! It feels like yesterday and forever at the same time. I wasn't sure I could love another baby as much as your sister but the instant I saw your face that doubt vanished and my heart exploded.



Having a little boy, you, was so much better than I ever imagined! There was a bit of a learning curve at first- I never cleaned the wall so many times and may have had to change your clothes and bedding a bunch due to the "fire hose." You are definitely a mama's boy, which I love. From the very beginning you were a laid back baby, rarely crying and just content to watch everything around you. Your sweet personality shined through and continues to be the highlight of our days.




I have so enjoyed watching Audrey become a big sister and how you both just adore each other. You are each other's best friend which makes my heart swell. You fit perfectly into our family and I can't even remember life before you were part of it.




This year has been the toughest, and yet the best year of my life. Being a mama to two is no joke. You  did your best to ease me into it and I couldn't have asked for a better baby. We do need to work on sleep a bit but even then I really can not complain since you have been a dream baby in every other way!



You have taught me so many things: patience (you are way more patient than your mama), unconditional love, how to find joy in the simple things, and to just be. I am so grateful to be your mama and while I am sad to see this first year coming to an end, I am so excited to watch you grow into a little boy!


Thank you for picking me as your mama! I feel honoured to have such an important role in your life.

Love,

Your Lucky Mama

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, aren't boys so great?! Henry is the same! So laid back and loves life, he teaches me all the time to relax!!! Happy birthday Leo, here's to many years ahead bringing joy to all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing up over here!! Happy birthday Leo!! I hope your day and weekend is filled with love, laughter, fun and excitement!!! ONE!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Happy Birthday Leo!! What a beautiful letter to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe I love this. Such a little man now. I hope he had an amazing day!!! What an awesome post and YEAR!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!