Tuesday, February 10, 2015

~Run For L'Arche: Week #2 Training Recap~



Week #2 of training for Run For L'Arche 5 Mile is done!

How did I do?

Monday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: rested

Tuesday
Plan: 2 Mile run
What I did: 10K race pace with my half marathon running group. We did the hilliest route ever- "8 up, 2 down" It was also probably my coldest run this training session, -16C, felt like -22C with windchill. My running attire guide came in handy to figure out what to wear!!

Wednesday:
Plan: 30 min Cross Train
What I did: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD, week 1 workout
I bought this DVD a few weeks ago so I was excited to give it a try. It did not disappoint!


Thursday
Plan: 2 Mile run + strength training
What I did: rest
I had some errands to run in the evening which didn't leave any time for a workout.

Friday
Plan: Yoga
What I did: 35 minute run on the treadmill. I wanted to do one last run before my half marathon on Sunday so I did it instead of going to yoga in the evening. I'm disappointed I missed my yoga class since I love it but it was more important for me to get the run in this week.



Saturday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day

Sunday
Plan: 2.5 Mile run
What I did: ran a Half Marathon, 21.1K! Despite the chilly day, it was a pretty good race. I'm happy with my finishing time of 2:19.


Again, another week of not quite following the plan but now that my half marathon is over I can focus on training strictly for the 5 Mile race. I'm excited to work on speed rather than distance!

I'm glad to be adding some cross training/strength training back into my workout routine. I love running but it's nice to switch it up.

How's your training going? 

2 comments:

  1. Good work!! I like that Jillian DVD too, it's been so long since I have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!!

    I am just doing a bunch of 2-3 mile runs lately. Keeping a base and that is about it. For me, it is all about strength training right now

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!