Tuesday, February 17, 2015

~ Run For L'Arche: Week #3 Training Recap~



Week #3 of training for Run For L'Arche 5 Mile is completed!

How did I do?

Monday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: rested

Tuesday
Plan: 2 Mile run
What I did: 3.1K run with the half marathon clinic. It was an easy run after my half marathon a couple days before. Legs felt good, it was nice to do a short distance at a decent pace and of course, the company was great.

Wednesday:
Plan: 30 min Cross Train
What I did: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD, week 1 workout
I did this workout again- my DVD player is broken and won't open so I guess I'll have to get another one if I ever want to do a different workout again! I also had an audience- someone came out of "quiet time" early so she watched me and asked me a million times what I was doing!


Thursday
Plan: 2 Mile run + strength training
What I did: 2 Mile run
I ran on the treadmill in the afternoon while the littles tandem napped, which never happens anymore! I was busy prepping for the birthday party on the weekend so I didn't get a chance to do some strength training.



Friday
Plan: Yoga
What I did: Yoga
While I could have used the hour to do more party prep, I knew I needed to take this time to do some yoga and have a break. It was a great class and definitely worth it!

Saturday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day

Sunday
Plan: 3 Mile run
What I did: Rest day
We hosted Audrey and Leo's birthday party so I didn't get a chance to get my run in.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my training this week. It's always a juggling act trying to fit in every day life responsibilities and working out. So I'm happy when it mostly goes according to the plan!

What's your favourite cross training activity?

2 comments:

I love reading your comments!