Monday, February 9, 2015

~Weekend Recap: Leo's Birthday~

In case you didn't catch any of my other posts, it was Leo's 1st birthday on Friday.




The day was pretty much dedicated to him- we sang him Happy Birthday at breakfast, lunch and dinner!

"What, I'm 1!?"

Audrey and I made cupcakes for Leo while he napped.



 Once the birthday boy woke up we went for lunch. Because I shouldn't have to cook or clean on his birthday, right? ;)



We spent the afternoon playing.



Hubby came home with take-out (I wasn't kidding about not cooking on his birthday!) and we had cupcakes!

It was epic!


Don't worry, it wasn't lit!



He just wanted to squish it so I had to give him a taste so he realized how awesome it was!


And there it goes... everywhere!!






Where did the cupcake go? He smashed it to nothing!





And then he started licking his tray... could not stop laughing!!


Sister waiting patiently for her cupcake!


She knew what to do with it...




After all the cupcake craziness, bath and cleanup, I ran on the treadmill. I didn't go to yoga for the first time in awhile. I really needed to get one last run in before my half marathon on Sunday.

Saturday morning Leo opened his birthday present! I realized just after he went to bed that we forgot to give it to him on his birthday! He didn't know any differently!







In the afternoon we went to swimming lessons, which were better since the pool was actual warm.

Hubby went out to an annual formal dinner so the kids and I were on our own the rest of the day.

Sunday morning was the Hypothermic Half Marathon! The weather changed overnight and was very cold in the morning. The race went relatively well- I finished in 2:19 so I'm happy with that. I'll write a race report in a few days with all the details.


After the race, we went to a 4th birthday party for our friend's daughter. It was "Fancy Nancy" themed- super cute and Audrey had lots of fun! All the little girls were dressed up in fancy clothes and accessories.


Monday hubby took the day off work since he has been working a lot of overtime. We went to Banff for the day. It was much nicer there than in Calgary! +2C instead of -11C! We went for lunch, walked around, checked out the Banff Springs hotel, saw some wildlife and had dinner in Canmore before coming home. It was a nice family day together.







It was a great weekend!! So happy we were able to spend an extra day with hubby!!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, what a fun day!! I love all the photos! Congratulations on your half marathon! I would love to do that race one year! I'm still deciding on Run L'Arche!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those birthday pictures!! Adorable!!! I'm excited to see Noah with his cupcake! I'm going to do an actual cake smash on his birthday! I can just hardly believe it's been a year!!! Good job on your race!! Looks like a tun of fun in Banff and of course my favorite Canmore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday Leo had! Glad that J was able to take some time off and spend it with you guys. And way to go on the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Leo! Looks like he had a fun day, and really enjoyed that cupcake! Such a cute little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he had a great time and love the cupcake photos! I want to get away to the mountains soon. Just for a little break :)
    Great job on your race too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome birthday weekend!! Great job on the run! Glad you were able to get away for the day too. So nice. That extra day with Daddy is always so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!