Monday, March 9, 2015

~My First Week Back~

I've been back at work (part time) for a week now.

It is going as good, or better than I expected! Huge relief!

Audrey and Leo are adjusting so well to their new dayhome. They love the ladies there- Audrey does not want to leave at the end of the day! Every day she comes home with a new craft and story about what she did that day.



Work is going well. Everything is coming back to me, although a lot has changed in a year so I have to re-learn a bunch of policies and procedures. It's nice to be back in the office- everyone has been so welcoming. My replacements did an excellent job over the past year so I'm not coming into a complete mess, which is a huge bonus.

We still need to work out the details of the days that I'm not in the office, but that should get figured out in a couple weeks.

One thing I'll never get used to is waking at 5am! So hard! I need to get better at going to bed earlier- I just can't seem to turn out the lights till after 11pm! Too late!

The work days just zoomed by and suddenly it was Thursday! We didn't have many plans for the first week back since I figured we would need some down time after these big changes.


We spent some time outside since it's been so beautiful lately!


The weekend was actual spent having quality family time, instead of a mad rush to get everything ready for the next week. It was fairly relaxing, despite having lots going on.




While we are only a week back into our new routine, I think working 3 days a week is the best arrangement for our family.  I am so happy that we were able to come to this agreement. I don't dread Mondays the way I used to, I'm enjoying my time in the office and while I do miss the children, it's a nice break from them. Work-family balance is so hard to achieve sometimes and I think we may have hit the jackpot!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's going so well and you were able to do the 3 days also. Such an awesome set up. Glad you guys had a chill weekend! Those are the best. YAY for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone's transitions are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great option to get the best of both worlds! But you are right 5 Am wake ups are a no go around here!! We are working on getting Noah onto a new schedule and today it has worked. Bye bye 5 am bottle, hello 7 am wake up with bottle!! I can handle getting up at 7!! Once Mike goes back to work in the fields we have crazy hours and I will be a single mom for the spring I'm sure, so we are working on getting things sorted out before that happens!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!