Wednesday, March 11, 2015

~Run For L'Arche: Training Week #6 Recap~


Week #6 of training for Run For L'Arche 5 Mile is over and we are that much closer to race day!

How did I do?

Monday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day


Tuesday
Plan: 3 Mile run
What I did: 3(ish) Mile run on the treadmill.
I really struggled with this run. I haven't run outside in a couple weeks and I'm having a hard time motivating myself on the treadmill. Even though I allow myself to watch 'Friends' while I run, I kept having to take walk breaks. It was definitely a mental struggle.



Wednesday:
Plan: 40 min Cross Train
What I did: T25 Alpha Total Body Circuit, 25 min & Yoga poses, 15 minutes

I attempted to do this workout right after work, with the kids downstairs with me. They gave me 20 minutes and then Audrey ran upstairs and Leo just wanted up! I had to finish it after they went to bed. I'll keep trying to fit my workout in right after work (cross training or strength training since I don't want to be on the treadmill when Leo is crawling around) and hopefully they will be more cooperative.





Thursday
Plan: 2 Mile run + strength training
What I did: 2 Mile run outside!!
The weather has been gorgeous lately and I have been missing running outside so I decided to pack the kids into the Chariot and take them along for a run. This is the first time I have actually run with both of them, all 70+lbs- usually hubby pushes them. It was definitely hard- I had to walk or run really slowly for a couple up hills but the down hills were great with gravity pulling us down! They were fairly cooperative for this short distance so I think we will be doing this again, as long as the weather stays nice. We stopped at the park on the way home so they both enjoyed that.




Friday
Plan: Yoga
What I did: Yoga & T25 Alpha Ab Intervals
I keep missing Thursdays strength training so I fit in an Ab workout during nap/quiet time. I definitely need to work on my core!


I did my regular Friday night yoga class which was much needed.

Saturday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day

Sunday
Plan: 4 Mile run
What I did: 4.5 Mile run with Run Club




Audrey spent the night at my sister's so it was a bit easier getting out the door for Run Club on Sunday morning with only one child! However, there was the time change so we were still a few minutes late!

It was a gorgeous morning for a run- sunny and a bit crisp but my gloves didn't stay on long. Leo was mostly happy until the last couple of KMs and I think he started to get hungry.

It was so great to run with the group again. We are hoping to make this a regular Sunday activity. We won't be able to keep up with the half marathon distance but I think the kids will tolerate 7-10K, with the help of the iPad!


I'm so glad I was able to get outside for a couple runs this week. I was starting to fall out of love with running with all my recent treadmill running so this is just what I needed to recharge. Now that daylight savings time has occurred, it will be light enough in the evenings after the kids go to bed that I can probably still sneak in a short run outside!!

Do you like running on the treadmill?

2 comments:

  1. Nice work with the workouts! Getting outside must be such a nice change! Nice work on attempting it with the kids - probably will take time for them to get into that routine too! I find now D gets excited to go down there cause there are "special" toys she only gets down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to motivate myself to run on the treadmill as well. I find that intervals or picking up the pace now and then seems to help a little bit. I hope the weather stays like this as it's great to get back out there running!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!