Tuesday, March 17, 2015

~ Run For L'Arche: Training Week # 7 Recap and Race Goals~


Week #7 of training for Run For L'Arche 5 Mile is completed!

How did I do?

Monday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day


Tuesday
Plan: 3 Mile run
What I did: 5K run with the Half Marathon group
It was a great night to get out for a run with the group. I ran at a strong pace, just over 30 minutes for 5K.

Wednesday:
Plan: 45 Minute Cross Training
What I did: Rest day
I hoped to do my cross training working right after work but I had a late meeting, so we didn't get home until just before dinner. By the time we ate, I put the kids to bed myself (Hubby was out at the hockey game), I was exhausted. I decided to give myself a break and have a relaxing evening.

Thursday
Plan: 2 Mile run + strength training
What I did: 2 Mile run + strength training
It was another beautiful, yet windy day so I loaded the kids into the Chariot and headed out for a short run. The wind was brutal when I was running into it! It helped when it was at my back though and definitely made me faster!




In the afternoon, while Leo was napping, Audrey and I headed downstairs so I could do T25 Ab Intervals. Such a good workout! Audrey was quite into it as well- doing some moves herself and helping me out like Shaun T helps his demonstrators! So funny!




Friday
Plan: Yoga
What I did: T25 Lower Focus and Yoga
I was feeling pretty guilty about missing my cross training on Wednesday so I snuck in a short but tough T25 workout during the afternoon, while Leo napped.



In the evening, I went to yoga. It was so relaxing I almost fell asleep!

Saturday
Plan: Rest day
What I did: Rest day

Sunday
Plan: 4.5 Mile Run
What I did: 8K or 5 Miles
We met up with the half marathon group for a run. They were doing 10K so I ran with them for the first 4K and then did the last 4K by myself. Hubby and the kids did a shorter route since the kids weren't being overly cooperative and we were running a fairly hilly route- not fun with the Chariot!

I ran it in just under 53 minutes. Not bad for a hilly route and 'long slow' pace.

'Helping' me roll out my legs and glutes.

 



Run For L'Arche is this weekend!! Five days away!! I'm pretty sure this was the fastest training cycle ever!!

Since this is my first official 5 Mile race, just finishing is going to be a personal best. That being said, I do have a few goals for this race.


1) I would love to run this race sub 50 minutes. Given my most recent half marathon time and my run this past Sunday, I think this is doable. My body is feeling pretty good overall so as long as I stay focused, I think I can maintain a good pace. I will really need to push myself though.

2) I want to enjoy this race. My last race wasn't that fun so I'm really hoping that I can have a good race and a great time would be a bonus.

3) Get a good night's rest the night before, eat a good breakfast and dress appropriately for the weather.

Hopefully I won't have too many challenges, like the weather, get in the way of meeting my goals.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I hope you have a good race and most of all, have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I'm glad you took the night off too. Great goals. I hope the weather is good for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the workouts and runs! I started doing T25 and it's awesome that it's only 25 minutes and can be done at home. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!