I have some random things to share today.
1. I properly learned how to use traffic circles! I watched this video on the AMA Facebook site and it was so helpful! Now I'm sure you are thinking "How does she not know how to use a traffic circle, she has been driving for half her life?" Well, in Calgary we don't have that many traffic circles and a lot of the ones we do have are single lane only. While you think that would make it easier, some people still don't know how to use them. There are a few up the street from my house and I'm always honking at people who don't yield to me!
|Mackenzie Towne traffic circle|
2. It's finally getting lighter out in the morning! It's no longer pitch black outside when I leave for work in the morning! Yay spring!!
3. One of the hardest things I've had to learn since becoming a parent, other than surviving on minimal, broken sleep, and especially after having 2 children, is that having a clean house can't be my priority anymore. Don't get me wrong, my house is not a pig sty by any means but if you were to randomly drop by, you will notice dishes in the sink, finger prints on the stainless steel appliances, crumbs on the floor, a laundry basket full of clothes waiting to be folded, oh I could go on... I am a clean-freak so this is huge for me. Some nights I have break down because the house just seems so messy to my standards but I want my children to remember me playing with them and not that I was too busy washing dishes or folding laundry to enjoy their childhood.
4. I have no self-control when it comes to checking my iPhone. If it wasn't my alarm clock, I would leave it downstairs at night so I could stop looking at it at a reasonable hour and go to sleep! Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem... I need to go to iPhone AA.
5. Another thing I have no self-control over? Chocolate. If it's in my house, I will eat it. Hubby always knows what dessert I will order at a restaurant- the chocolate one!
On to my training recap- I had another successful week training for my upcoming 5K! You can see the plan here.
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 25 minutes on the treadmill. It was super windy out, and snowed a bit so I chickened out of meeting the half marathoners.
Wednesday: T25 Ab workout
Thursday: 3K run with the littles in the Chariot
Friday: rest day. Skipped yoga
Saturday: rest day
Sunday: 7K with the half marathon group at Edworthy Park
It wasn't my best week but I'm still happy with the workouts and runs I did get in.
Tell me something random!