Monday, April 27, 2015

~Weekend Recap: Birthdays~

Another busy weekend has come to an end! Despite the weather being a little chilly, it was filled with lots of fun, love and excitement! It's crazy that April is over in just a few days!

Leo and I were battling a cold last week so we skipped on our plans for Thursday to have a rest day at home. It was a tough day between me not feeling well, Leo not feeling great and Audrey just being a threenager! ;) We survived though and looking back it was funny but I may have almost shed a few tears several times and the other two definitely did.

My breakfast and coffee that the kids would not let me eat

Lululemon is dressing up, right?

This boy loves all the buttons!

Friday we joined some friends at the Zoo. The little girls had a blast and it's always good to connect with other moms so you feel normal about your children!






Saturday was Auntie L's birthday. We are celebrating it next week when we get together for dinner. Audrey had her dance class in the morning, which she is just loving! She barely even stopped to say good-bye to Daddy before running into the class so I think she is over her shyness.

I had a nice, relaxing afternoon getting my hair done. You don't fully appreciate a few hours of quiet time at the salon until you have children!! It helps that my hairdresser is a friend and just plain awesome!

We listened to the Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks game that evening. I so wish we could get just the hockey TV channel since we can not justify paying for cable all year round when we barely watch it! Now that the Flames have made it to the next round (yay!), hopefully we will get some tickets to go watch a game. That would be epic!

Sunday we hosted a small birthday party for my sister. Hubby made the most delicious prime rib! Yum!! I baked a cake, with a bit of help from Audrey- help meaning I spent a lot of time cleaning up her mess but it was fun!


Chocolate with buttercream icing!



The entertainment... or the entertainers?







Any child of mine loves chocolate!


Smiles courtesy of Daddy's antics!



High five little man!


If you read to her, you have a friend for life!



She convinced someone else to read to her!


My aunt and uncle


Opening presents with help from Audrey- "We have to do it together!"



It was such a nice evening celebrating my lovely sister!

Happy Birthday Big Sis! Love you!



6 comments:

  1. K wait you made that beautiful cake?? Love the icing - looks soo pretty!! Hope you are feeling better! Just a cold? Sounds like a fun weekend otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous cake! Now i'm craving chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is stunning!!! You are hired! I want to eat it all!! I hope you guys feel better. Your weekend sounds fun and busy as always. You hair looks great - also as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy weekend you had! Hope you are feeling better. I`m jealous of your hair appointment...I need mine cut so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is so pretty! Great job! Audrey looks like a great helper! And Leo's smile is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!