Monday, April 13, 2015

~Weekend Recap~

Fabulous weekend! I'm definitely sad it's over!

Thursday we met up with my sister-in-law, A and cousin L at the Zoo. The Prehistoric Park is newly renovated so we went to check it out. A lot of the dinosaur statues are interactive, roaring and moving their heads! Kind of scary when you aren't expecting it! I think I was more scared than the kids were!



There is also a new "archeology dig site" aka giant sandbox for the kids to play around in. The girls LOVED it and spent a lot of time in there. We finally had to drag them out for lunch!



 
Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home- right tuckered out!

Friday we had Audrey's annual doctor's checkup in the morning. No concerns there! She's grown quite a bit length-wise in the last year and just a bit of weight. No surprise there. I also realized that the kids were wearing coordinating outfits! Oops!



Afterwards we went to the mall since we left Leo's jacket at my sister's last weekend and the poor guy was struggling to fit into an old one. It was slim pickings but we found something that fit!


I was sad to see that Target is now closed, and all locations closed as of yesterday, in Canada. I'm way too sad about this :( And mad...

I went to yoga again, after taking a few weeks off. It was lovely! 

Saturday morning Audrey had her first dance class! I signed her up last minute at a dance studio close by. She was a bit shy at first so hubby stayed for a bit but she warmed right up and had lots of fun! He didn't take any pictures, just a video :( I also need to find her some dance attire- any suggestions on where to find something local?

We met up with our besties for brunch at Diner Deluxe. I had been before, to a different location, years ago and I remember it being good. It did not disappoint this time either!! So delicious! We will be going back again soon.


Leo hugging Audrey's new octopus stuffie!


My friend, Leo and a couple stuffies! Leo was ready for a nap here, hence the snuggles!


Afterwards we drove around the area we are thinking of moving to (not for another year or so) and went to an open house. I love looking at show homes and open houses but the thought of moving snaps me back to reality! Selling a house with a cat was hard enough- with 2 kids will NOT be fun, when we eventually do move.

Sunday we went to the Running Room for Run Club. We started off with the half marathon group, running 5.5K and splitting up from them since they were doing 16K. Hubby and I took turns pushing the chariot- the route was quite hilly so it was a 2 person job. I definitely got my workout in! We remembered the iPad this time so the kids were content. Leo even fell asleep!



Yesterday was also the anniversary of Terry Fox's Marathon of Hope so the Running Room had a celebration for him. They tallied up the distance that everyone ran so it will be interesting to see how many kilometers were covered across Canada.

A "Souper Duper" fundraiser was also held after Run Club for two of our runners that are doing the Sears National Kids Cancer Ride across Canada this fall. Lynn's teenage daughter died of brain cancer about 5 years ago. Lynn is one of my dear running friends- we have done many races together, even sharing the backseat for the long drive to Vancouver for SeaWheeze.


She was also awarded CTV's Athlete of the Week last week. She is one of the strongest women I know and her dedication to raising money for children with cancer is inspiring.

Reading to the junior runners!


 
 
Once Leo woke up from his nap he had fun playing with the big ball!
 


We also stuck around to make our tutus for the Shoppers Drug Mart Run for Women next month! It was a lot of fun and went by way faster when chatting with other people! Audrey was pretty mad at me for not letting her wear the tutu- she wasn't

Mine is all purple (the bag with green tulle was at my feet).


 
Sunday we spent the rest of the day putzing around the house, doing chores and playing with the kids.

Audrey sporting a yogurt-smoothie mustache!


Leo trying to escape upstairs!

 
Fun-filled weekend! I could have used a bit more sleep though. It's my own fault though- staying up too late.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great and busy weekend! Love the tutu making, can't wait to see the final product! I went to that Diner Deluxe with my girlfriends and it looked like it would be great for brunch and with kids too! Must go. Love the new dinos at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and busy weekend! I really need to plan a zoo trip before school is out. Avery would love it now.
    Do not even mention Target to me ;) I will go cry in the corner ;)
    The thought of moving makes me not want to. We have been house hunting for 2 years lol. I am stalking one house right now waiting for the price to drop! Thankfully, we are not selling our current house though and keeping it as a rental so that might make it a tad easier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy weekend for you! What are you guys thinking about moving to? We'd like to move within our neighbourhood eventually but the thought overwhelms me! I love Leo's jacket in the first picture...where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew what a busy weekend! Will definitely have to get back to the zoo soon to see the dinos again. It's sad about Target, but really it was still way too expensive when it was open here..I did enjoy a couple of my latest trips when stuff was 70% off!! "Fake" house shopping is fun! We did it a few years ago to get an idea of where we might want to go in the future..only thing is that it has changed SO much in the last couple years, we'll have to do another round again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo miss the zoo!!! :( But it sounds like a fun weekend!! Look at sleeping Leo!! Soo cute!!! His jacket is cute too - what size did you end up buying? Noah's winter coat from there still fits and it is 6-12 so I bought a 12-18 and then 18-24 for fall. Covered my bases haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!