Monday, April 20, 2015

~Weekend Recap~

How are we more than HALF WAY through April? Goodness!

Another busy weekend for our family! Couldn't have asked for a better one though- family, friends, new adventures and lots of time with my little loves!

Thursday Audrey, Leo and I went to a Momstown class and did some art. It's always interesting trying to get a 14 month old to sit still long enough to get his foot/handprint without sticking his other body parts into the paint! I'm amazed I wasn't completely covered by the time we were done!

While the Moms attempted to craft, the kids played with the balls and tunnel. Good call on keeping the children entertained!





In the afternoon, we snuck in a run before dinner. Leo wasn't super happy about being stuck in the Chariot but we got it done! Leo is loving the slides and the swings at the park so they put up with being pushed around (rough life) if it means ending up at the park!




Leo almost gave me a heart attack when he started climbing in one of the play structures and slipped out of my reach! I had to climb up and grab him before he fell. Of course he thought it was a game and he has no fear. He was not impressed when I wouldn't let him back up!

Friday we had a nice lunch date at the Market with Leigh and Alison and their girls. Sadly, I did not take any photos! Audrey and Delainey were being so cute together too! Thanks to Alison for chasing those two around while they explored everything.

After Leo's nap, we went looking for a dance outfit for Audrey. I had picked up one but it had Hello Kitty on it and I just couldn't do it... So we found one that I love and Audrey will wear it!
I didn't end up going to yoga on Friday since hubby and I decided to have a quiet night in together.

I also had a good hair day and the sun was shining so I had to document that!



When hubby got home from work, I told him he was taking us for ice cream after dinner. We checked out the new Tutti Frutti close to our house. Like Alison said, it's not as good as Menchies- mostly the toppings selection, but it's a great option close to home! The kids didn't complain!



Saturday morning Audrey had her 2nd dance class. This time I took her and took pictures!;) She was shy at first but quickly forgot about me so I could sneak away. The little girls looked so cute dancing away!!




The class is only 45 minutes long so I snuck over to Starbucks for a coffee. I seriously can't remember the last time I've been to a coffee shop by myself!


 
We spent the rest of the day doing the usual weekend chores- I may have even done a couple things on my Spring Cleaning list. Not nearly enough but maybe by the fall it will be done ;)
 
Sunday I met up with the half marathon clinic at Edworthy Park for a run. They were doing 16K and I debated not going because I only needed to do 7K and it seemed silly to drive that far and back to only run with company for 3.5K. One of our former clinic members who moved to another part of the city said she would run with me so that convinced me to go! It was so nice to catch up with Diane since it's been awhile! I seriously have the best running partners!
 
I need to figure out a way to carry my iPhone on my water belt since it no longer fits now that I've upgraded. It's preventing me from taking photos on runs!
 
I spent the rest of my day prepping and hosting my new business launch! More details to come soon!
 
 
 
Hubby took the kids to Butterfield Acres in the afternoon and they had a blast! Audrey was so wiped out afterwards she napped for 2 hours! We could barely wake her up for dinner! Leo on the other hand thought napping was for losers so he only had a short nap in the morning. Thankfully he was in a good mood for most of the day!
 
Since Leo went to bed early and Audrey was not ready for bed at her usual time, we had some quality time outside playing soccer and planting seeds in the garden.
 


 
Great all-around weekend! I had so much fun I slept in this morning! Oops!

4 comments:

  1. Your hair does look great!! Love the little dancer!! She is too cute! Looks like a natural! Love the pic of Leo on the swing too!! Seeds already? What are you planting? I feel like it's soo soon here, but I guess we are in the middle of April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for good hair days! The girls look so cute in their dance outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome weekend! You hair does look awesome! I am so sad I missed your launch. Please have a word with Delainey. Her dance outfit is SO darn cute! Love it. Totally agree with the topping selection. But it sucks. BUT I wouldnt' say no to us meeting there for a date. ha ha D and A are so cute together, I think in a few months they will be even better buddies when D is a bit bigger! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO envious of your hair!! Audrey's little dance outfit is too cute! I need to get on my garden planning soon, I am hoping to have a little helper this year too ;) Just hoping she does not eat all the dirt ;)
    PS I am excited about your new business venture, I have been stalking that company for a bit!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!