Monday, May 11, 2015

~Weekend Recap: Mother's Day~

Um, where did the weekend go? I blink and it goes by! Gotta stop doing that!
 
Thursday hubby took my car in for servicing and he/I forgot to take the stroller out of the trunk! Big mistake! I attempted to take the kids out to run some errands and it was a major fail. My Ergo carrier was also in my car so I had to carry Leo everywhere, plus lug the heavy diaper bag. Won't be making that mistake again! I almost considered buying an umbrella stroller to get by but the one I wanted wasn't in stock.
 

Loving on his sister's bear! He can't get enough of any stuffie or doll! It's so adorable!



We did some biking/walking after dinner. Audrey keeps telling us she needs to "take a break" after about 5 strides! It's hard work going up hill!


I went to bath this guy and made the mistake of taking his diaper off too soon- he peed all over me! Thanks!




Friday our plans fell through for the day so we just hung around the house. The kids took the opportunity to pull out every single toy in the toy box...


That evening, the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleep over- Leo's first away from both Mommy and Daddy! Hubby and I had plans to meet up with some friends for dinner and a concert.

I bought this peplum top on major sale.



Dinner was delicious- we went to Fergus and Bix in Marda Loop. The concert was pretty cool too- hubby was called up on the stage- thankfully not to sing!


It was a great evening out, away from the kids.

Saturday morning we picked the kids up pretty early since Audrey has dance at 9:15am. The three of us popped over to Good Earth for some breakfast while she was at her class.



Later on, Leo spent some time in the kitchen making me dinner! I wish!



It was such a beautiful day that we spent some time in the backyard while Daddy and Audrey ran some errands.





 We went for a walk/bike ride after dinner, which turned into Daddy carrying the bike while Audrey "walked the tight rope." Her words...


 
Sunday was Mother's Day. My only request was that we got to go for a family run and that I didn't have to do dishes all day! My wishes were granted! :)
 
I also got these lovely flowers and homemade card!


 
Packing the kids up to go for our run. ipad? Check!


We did 6K. Hubby and I took turns pushing.


Audrey got out for a bit of a run too!


We attempted a nice photo- kids weren't too cooperative!





Oh yah, now she smiles...


In the afternoon, I met up with my Mom and sister for lunch! It was so nice to have some alone time, just the 3 of us. We rarely get that anymore!


 
I had Hubby take some pictures of the kids and I but Apple is being unhelpful and I can't find the pictures on my computer so I can't upload them. Not cool, Apple!
 
The rest of the evening was pretty relaxing- no dishes or making dinner for this mama!! So lucky to have these sweet babies in my life- being their mama is such an honour! Every day I am grateful!
 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Glad you got your wished for Mother's Day.

    I'm having the same issue with Apple. I can't find the pictures to upload until I restart my computer or upload more pictures. It's SO frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your wishes!! And no dishes all day is awesome :)
    I really need to get out for more family runs and make time for them. Avery needs to be used to them haha.
    The toy box scene looks familiar. We have only one box in the livingroom and this happens all the time. I want a bonus room in the next house and toys can stay there so my livingroom is toy free! Wishful thinking I am sure ;)
    I cannot imagine two kids and a diaper bag with no carrier or stroller! I carry Avery sometimes but it is so tiring.
    Love the pics at the end of you and the kids, pretty much sums up photos with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! We've been to the Fergus and Bix up by COP a bunch of times..it's pretty good! What concert was it? And glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Family time and down time! Love the peplum top and your hair straight! You must have been exhausted, a stroller or cart is a must!! I need to get a small umbrella stroller for NY. What one are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh getting peed on..I know it's a fail, but it makes me laugh every time. LOVE that top (haven't been able to find any in that style that fit me just right...yet) Happy belated mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the family fun run! How cute!! Looks like you had a fun weekend, and a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those antler pants!! Too funny about being peed on! That hasn't happened to me in a long time, however Mike can't say the same! Mike also carries him around naked before bath haha. Looks like a great Mother's Day! Love the top, sadly I'm too tall for that style :(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!