Monday, May 25, 2015

~Weekend Recap~

What a beautiful weekend it was! We spent as much of it outside as we could.

Thursday we went to the Zoo with a friend and her daughter. Audrey and Iris had so much fun/trouble together! It was such a nice day- I think we would live at the Zoo if we could!





That evening Great- Grandma was in town so we had dinner with the family. The kids found another victim to read them stories- I think GG was more than happy to oblige!



Friday was a relaxing day at home. I did my last run before my race on Sunday, with the kids in tow. We ended up at the park as usual.





Someone devoured his lunch! There was quite a mess all.over.the.place!




I finally went to yoga after a few weeks break. I so needed it. I can tell I've been running lots and not doing much yoga because my body is tight! Must make a chiro appointment ASAP!

I convinced my friend, A, to join me. We haven't seen each other in a couple months (darn work!) so it was great to catch up. We may have stayed out way too late chatting in her car after we were kicked out of Good Earth! Can't wait for our weekend away in a few weeks!

Saturday hubby went fishing with his dad. Grandma picked up Audrey to take her to dance class, despite her not wanting to go at first! She then spent the morning at Grandma's helping her plant flowers.

Leo and I went to my niece's baseball game to cheer her on. It was fun to watch and Leo enjoyed cheering! He would clap every time someone else would so sometimes he cheered for the wrong team!





We had a chill night- had some ice cream, played in the backyard, and bird watched.

Getting sand in the grass...


Sunday morning was race day for me! I did the Shoppers Drug Mart Run for Women 5K. I'll post a recap later this week with details of the race. Spoiler alert- I PR'd!! I also got to meet Kaella which was really nice!


I didn't get back home until 1:30pm. I didn't have any motivation to do anything all afternoon so I just watched Little Mermaid with Audrey and then hung out in the backyard while hubby did some gardening. My kind of Sunday!

I was pretty bagged so I watched a show and went to bed early-ish. All the fresh air and sunshine made me tired!

7 comments:

  1. It was such a beautiful weekend to be outside and for a race! It looked like an awesome one, so many May races!! If I don't get to yoga weekly I feel it, I should go more probably but only so much time and money!
    Congrats again on your PR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! The weather was so gorgeous! And congratulations on the PR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Congrats again on the PR - it was the tutu. You will have to wear it for all races from now on!! :) Such an awesome weather weekend - glad you guys could be outside so much. Love the bird watcher and Audrey's hair in her pony tail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great race!!! It was sooo wonderful to meet you! I'm sorry our chat was so short!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend for all the outdoor activities! I think I clocked 5 min outside (not counting the walks I took the dogs on)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great weekend! Congrats on your PR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome weekend!! We didn't get as much time outside as we would have liked, but that's fine, looks like we have a lot more in our future! Great job on your run! Love the outfit haha. I'm hoping to go check out the Branford zoo, which is just a small little zoo, but I think Noah will really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!