Wednesday, July 29, 2015

~Last Weekend's Recap~

Yikes!! How is it my "Friday" already?? I have just been swamped between solo-parenting and work being insane! I had drafted this post and then completely forgot about it! Too much cuteness not to share even though it's late late late!
 
I am just loving these summer weekends! I can't believe how lucky I am to get 4 days off each week with my little ones! Dream come true!!
 
It was hard, but I managed to convince Alison and Delainey to meet up with us for a Menchies date on Thursday! ;) As you can tell, the kids hated it and would have much preferred to have liver and broccoli for lunch.
 




We remembered to take a mama- selfie! And it looks like neither of us know where to look Alison!
 

After much anticipation, our minivan has arrived!! I still can't believe I am the owner of a minivan...
It's so practical, loads of space and pretty fancy inside! It's not a sports car but it's perfect for children.
 
 

I guess I am officially a Mom... if the 2 children didn't already confirm that, the minivan definitely does!
 
Friday was such a beautiful day that we had to head to the Zoo! We came across this Princess...
some things are just not worth fighting over! I don't know how she wasn't melting in that dress!
 




Audrey sweetly asked for ice cream, it was hot and Leo was napping so I couldn't say no!
 

Hubby made some fish that he had caught the previous weekend. It was delicious!
We have enough fish to last us a couple years now!
 

Saturday we went on a lovely family bike through the neighboring communities. Leo was bored so he napped! We stopped at the Farmer's Market for lunch and coffee. Best way to spend a Saturday morning if you ask me!
In the afternoon I was spoiled with another spa visit- facial and pedicure this time!
I had a gift certificate from Christmas to use and figured some alone time between solo-parenting weekends was in order.

Audrey said I had "Elsa toes" when I got home.

I also stocked up on beverages... thanks to a few of you for giving me some ideas on what to buy! I don't know how I would have decided without your input!
 


Sunday morning hubby left for his work conference in San Diego. I am definitely kicking myself now for not going.

Clothes are optional when you have cute diapers!

Leo is obsessed with cars and trucks!


We decided to go to Ikea. I had a list of things that I needed to get but we never get around to going there. I was a bit afraid since Ikea is a gong show on the weekends but surprisingly it wasn't too bad.


We had lunch there which the kids loved! Despite the fact that somebody pitched a fit that she didn't get the pink plate!



That afternoon my good friend J came over to hang out with us! We had such a nice time catching up, making dinner together and playing with the kids! We always run out of time when we get together since we have so much to talk about!

So now it's Wednesday and hopefully my solo-parenting will end tonight! Hubby's flight was delayed so instead of getting home on Tuesday night, he should get home tonight. This conference is cursed! Last year he missed his flight home...

Now to enjoy a 5 day weekend and to forget about work!!

2 comments:

  1. You've been a busy lady! Nice mini van...now the kids are going to have to play soccer :) hope J makes it home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i was thinking the same thing- they'll have to play soccer! Did you try the wine? How'd you like it??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!