Monday, July 13, 2015

~Weekend Recap: Beach, Beer & Birthday~

Zoom- the weekend is over!

We took it easy this weekend since I was starting to go crazy with all of our over programming!

Thursday was a relaxing day at home. It was hot, hot, hot so we pulled out the pool and played in to beat the heat!



Leo's girlfriend came over to play! He enjoyed splashing her!


I approve of climbing ON the sandbox. Less messy this way! ;)


Too hot for clothes! When you are 17 months you can get away with that...
Leo attempted to push C in the stroller- he couldn't push her far!


Princess C!

Friday was another relatively quiet day.

My scene while attempting to get ready- no wonder it takes so long!!


When did this kid get so long??


Having fun at the grocery store- a lady gave them stickers!



We went to my in-laws for dinner since they just got back from Europe.

Saturday we headed to Auburn Bay to hang out at the beach with some friends. The kids had a blast- Leo has no fear of water and kept walking right in, despite the fact that he kept shivering!! I really had to keep my eye on him!!





Sandcastle building!


Eating sand...


That night we dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleepover. We had a quick nap before heading out to a Stampede Beergarita Party. The weather wasn't so great but we had fun! The food was delicious and I don't mind beer and tequila mixed together!!


Sunday we slept in and picked the kids up in the late morning. It was a chilly and windy day so our outdoor plans went out the window. Instead Cinderella cleaned the house... with ripped dress and bare feet. She wanted to mop... actually got mad when I said no at first. 


We had my family over to celebrate my birthday (which is today). Hubby made a delicious steak dinner and had a S'mores cake! Sooo good!!


My children LOVE sweets- Leo tried to climb the wall to get to the cake. Audrey had her hand in it... Whose kids are these? Oh right, both their parents have crazy sweet tooths!

And yes, Leo is pantless. They literally fell off him... skinny boy problems. It was too hot for pants anyway...


I think he liked it?


Yup, definitely a fan...


Getting every last crumb!!



It was a perfect weekend! :) 

9 comments:

  1. That cake looks soo good!! Noah doesn't seem phased by sweets, b granted he hasn't had a lot! He loves ice cream though!! Noah is super long too! (34 inches) crazy how much they have both grown! I am still getting over this!! You are a brave soul for hitting the beach with Leo! I cringe at the sand eating! I am also not a big beach fan! I love listening to the water crash in, but the sand is a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day

    Leo cracks me up - and yes, Max shares the skinny boys going pantless problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm CAKE. I get a belated bday cake when my mom comes to visit..she makes the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sleepovers! I want to get Avery on one too to my Mom's soon. Usually it is just easier for my Mom to stay with us though.
    That cake looks SO good, Avery loves sweets too!
    Is that a community beach you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! That cake looks unreal, good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! That cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fun weekend and a great birthday! Our house is so hot too so I've been rocking lulu shorts and a sports bra...don't worry, I put on a tank top to go for walks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh they are hilarious with the cake!! It does look good though!! So nice for a night out and sleepovers for both kids. Such a treat. Glad your weekend was a little less busy even though it still looked busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great birthday, and that cake looks so good! I love all the beach pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!