Thursday, August 6, 2015

.:Leo: 17 & 18 Months:.


Eating: Leo is a pretty good eater, most of the time! He loves meat, veggies, fruit, raisins, and anything sweet! Mushy is not his favourite texture- unless it's puree or smoothie. Often he will like something one day and the next, toss it on the ground.

He likes feeding himself, with a spoon or fork. He insists on having his own bowl or plate, which usually means a mess on the floor. When he's done eating, he will toss his food or plate on the ground.

I'm still nursing him 1-2x a day, usually before nap or bed time. He doesn't ask for it. He still refuses all milk.

Eating peas from the garden






Sleeping: Sleep is good, as long as it isn't too hot in his room. He still wakes occasionally in the night, usually if he is cold (because the window or fan was on but it's cooled off in his room). He usually sleeps 7pm-7am.

Leo naps once a day for about 1.5-2.5 hours.

Diapers: Size 3 Kirkland brand (although we did just buy size 4s since he has been leaking at night so maybe time to move up?) and cloth diapers at home.

Weight/Size: Not sure on weight. He is getting weighed this month so I will update later! He is wearing 12-18m and 18-24m clothes mostly. He wears size 3 shoes.

Hair and eyes: Blonde hair with a few curls! Eyes are blue.

Milestones: Leo started walking just before he turned 17 months! All those months of practicing with the walker and he has been steady from the get-go! He loves his new freedom! He runs a lot now!

He also loves to climb- gives me a heart attack every time I catch him on the couch or chairs or anything high!

Leo loves to "colour" and do crafts!! He makes a craft every day at the day home and excitedly shows me when I pick him up!






Talking: Leo is talking more and more each day- lots of new works!



Sign Language: Leo signs for "milk", "water", "food", "all done", "book", "bath"

Signing "more"

Teething: Leo has all 16 teeth. Hopefully the 2 year molars won't arrive for awhile.

Personality: He is usually pretty calm but he has developed a temper and likes to throw tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants! Usually he screams when I'm preparing a meal so I have to keep feeding him snacks to occupy him. Trying to work on communication so he doesn't get so frustrated.



Likes: All the Books, baths, trucks and cars, stuffies, throwing everything out of the Tupperware drawer, puzzles, spoons, and anything that makes noise, balls, playing outside and going for walks.








Dislikes: Being contained, being left alone, having stuff taken away from him, having his diaper changed, not getting his way, being locked out of whatever room his sister is in...


Misc: Every day I love this age more and more! Leo is so sweet- giving lots of hugs and kisses! Usually, Audrey and Leo play well together but they do have their moments. Leo holds his own though. He has developed quite the set of lungs!


Big sister!



Every day with these two is a blessing! They exhaust us but we wouldn't change it for anything! 

4 comments:

  1. Ok weird, this post is just showing up now in my bloglovin feed! Also, our boys must be only weeks apart in age! Sully will be 18 months on August 21. So much of this post I was like, oh my gosh, this is exactly my child, haha! I'm so glad to know my kid isn't the only one who throws his plate or food on the floor when he is done eating! It drives me crazy and I'm at a loss on what to do about it. Do they outgrow that stage?! Sully also refuses any kind of milk or non-dairy milk unless it's in a smoothie of course, and we still nurse 2-3x/day (morning, nap sometimes and bedtime), but he is fine if I'm not home for bedtime.

    Leo is adorable, by the way! Well, both your kids are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's looking so much more grown up these days! Silly boy not liking milk! :) He just likes mamas. I love that you have art outside in your backyard! We are going to hang my big chalkboard outside after Ds birthday party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they are 18 months old!! Soo crazy!! They seem to change soo much at this age!! We are trying to get Moah into colouring, but he really likes to eat the crayons haha. Glad to hear Noah isn't the only one who hates diaper changes - talk about drama!! Good job on the walking Leo!! The climbing risks seem to get worse the bigger they get!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's getting so big! Only because I have no idea, is it a big deal if he won't drink milk? Is there other ways to get it into him? (ie: other sources)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!