Thursday, August 13, 2015

~Trips & Tickets~

So I'm getting on an airplane in a couple hours for a GIRLS WEEKEND in Toronto!! I'm so so excited! 

After hubby's two trips in August he knew I needed a break. When my bestie suggested a girls weekend in Toronto I jumped at the chance! Can't wait to play tourist, hang out with good friends, and visit some family. 


It's crazy how much I already miss the kids and I haven't even left yet! This will be the longest I have left Leo-- I know everyone will be fine and they are in excellent hands while I am away! 

We also booked our annual trip to Phoenix in November! Hubby and I have officially signed up for the Rock 'N' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon so we will be leaving the kids with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days while we have a couples' weekend! We still have to book our hotel and decide what we are doing- we are so excited for this mini-vacation though!! 

It also means that half marathon training has started up again! 


Funny story- the day after we picked up the "white rocket-ship", according to Audrey, we went to the Zoo (shocking, I know!). Since we had a new license plate, I had to add it to our parking account since that's how they monitor the parking at the Zoo when you have a membership. 

Well a week later (and two more trips to the Zoo), I get a parking ticket in the mail! I had checked with the membership desk if my new license plate would be activated right away and they said yes so I was a bit confused. After some investigating, I realized that I had added my license plate to my Park Plus account but the Zoo has it's own separate system. So yah that's why I got a ticket! One ticket I probably wouldn't have worried about the $40 but I had been there 3 times in a week so I expected to get more tickets. So I sent an appeal to the Parking Authority, explaining the situation and hoped they would feel pity on a frazzled mini-van driving Mom! 

So far I haven't received any more tickets in the mail and I received notice that my parking ticket has been cancelled since they confirmed my Zoo membership! Yay!!! 

Sweet relief!! You don't ask, you don't receive!

Have you ever gotten yourself out of a parking or speeding ticket?
Where is your next vacation? 

6 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Enjoy both trips! I so badly want to get away with Chad but it might be a while before we do that, ONE day for sure lol. You will have so much fun on both trips, I loved my mini girls getaway this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an awesome time!! That's soo funny - white rocket ship hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upstate NY next month! (not super exciting as far as vacations go, but I'll take it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have such a good weekend away!! Well deserved!! And vegas sounds awesome! I miss our trips there just J and I, can't wait to start those back up!! Excited to hear all about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a great weekend! Girls trips are the best! Not sure where/when our next trip will be - probably Florida in December to visit the inlaws.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!