Monday, August 24, 2015

~Weekend Recap~

We are officially on vacation now! Well, I am- hubby was supposed to be but he has to go in 2 days this week for a court case. 

Since I'm on vacation, I made Audrey make breakfast for her and Leo. Cinderella, Cinderella!


On Thursday we had Leo's 18 month Doctor check up. He passed with flying colours- he is ~23 lbs and ~31 inches. Around the 15th% for both. Growing well!

Afterwards we met up with some friends at the Calgary Farmer's Market. I haven't been there since they changed locations- so many shops! We bought a few groceries and had lunch there.


Audrey and I made puzzles while Leo napped.


This guy was very cuddly all weekend!


Friday we met up with Alison and Leigh and their girls. We were originally going to go to the wading pool at Riley Park but considering that it was so cold and actually snowed a bit in the afternoon, that wasn't happening! Instead we went to an indoor play area close by and let the kids wander freely while we socialized!


Saturday I met up with a few running friends for a 10K run. Hubby and I are taking turns running on Sundays with the half marathon group so when a few friends wanted to get their runs in on Saturday I jumped at the chance for company. I've been struggling with my runs lately- just not feeling motivated to push myself and not really enjoying them so I knew this would help keep me going.

It was nice to catch up with Nikki and Tiffany and the time went by quickly!


Afterwards I played a lot with Leo- he loves finger puppets!


My mom came over for dinner to watch the kids while we went out for my besties' birthday party. I failed to take any pictures!

Sunday morning hubby went for his long run. I had a couple moments of peace while these 2 coloured nicely but it didn't last long!


In the afternoon Audrey and I went on an adventure- shopping and lunch. We haven't had a lot of quality alone time together, doing fun things so it was nice to get out just the 2 of us! We will have to make sure we do it more often! (Although I could have done without the meltdown over Doc McStuffins at Toys 'R Us).


And yes, she is wearing pants! She chose her own outfit too! Perhaps we are expanding our wardrobe parameters and she will actually wear half the clothes that she owns!

We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner and then home for a quiet evening. So looking forward to having a break from work and getting lots of family time!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. Nice that you and A could have some time together. I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have such a great 2 weeks off!! Love that you had time with just A, so nice! Her hair looks super cute! Thanks again for the date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun weekend! Awesome you two got a girls date :)
    23lbs is awesome! I weighted A yesterday at home, 21lbs, she might never break 22 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for letting us join you guys :) I love the idea of mom and daughter dates. She looks grown up with her hair like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather on Friday was crazy, wasn't it?! Love the mother/daughter date - so sweet and makes me want a girl! ;) Are you guys going anywhere while you're on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you had a mom/daughter date. That is adorable! Enjoy your time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy how much bigger Noah is! He is 30 pounds and almost 34 inches!! Haha. Tall boy!! Sounds like a good start to holidays! Love the mommy and me date and her hair looks so cute!! Too funny about her being such a fashionista!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!