Wednesday, September 9, 2015

~Summer Staycation 2015~

It's a good thing we didn't have many solid plans for this family staycation because we didn't end up getting to do much. Hubby had to work a couple days the first week and then I was sick in bed with the flu for a week. To say this vacation sucked would be an understatement but it also could have been a lot worse so I'm trying to not feel too down about it.

We did end up having a very fun trip to Heritage Park one day! Both kids LOVED the train, just wandering around checking out all the old buildings and I even went on a couple rides with Audrey!



Riding the train!




On the Caterpillar ride! It was my favourite ride as a child! Audrey loved it!


On the carousel!





We had a yummy picnic lunch- although the wasps were super annoying!






Hubby and I went to Model Milk to celebrate our 9th anniversary! The food was so delicious and the service was amazing! I would definitely go back again! I highly recommend it- you just have to make sure you make a reservation well in advance.


 This was also the day I started to not feel well but chalked the headache up to the horribly smoky air from the forest fires.

I hosted a Stella & Dot trunk show one night so it was fun to get together with a bunch of girlfriends and try on shiny things! I can't wait to get my new jewels! Audrey had a lot of fun trying on the necklaces and then had to show her jewelry to everyone!

While I spent many hours laying on the couch or in bed, these guys did some chores around the house. Glad someone was productive because I sure was not!



There was a whole lot of hanging around the house since I had zero energy to do anything but go from bed to couch.

Um, I think you are on the wrong side of the gate buddy!


He loves a good selfie!! Look at that smile!! Made a sick mama feel a little bit better!



My best friend's baby shower was last weekend. At the last minute I was asked to plan it so that was a bit stressful trying to get it all organized (especially feeling sick) but she was easy to please! Her little girl received lots of clothes and was completely spoiled! So happy to be able to celebrate this mama and I can't wait to meet Kali, who arrived last week!


Princess Audrey was very helpful with the gifts!


Our 2nd week of vacation the kids were back in the dayhome. We had grand plans to do a bunch of stuff around the house- declutter, minor repairs, deep clean, organizing and some alone couple time, but none of that happened :( I felt ok on Monday so I did a few things while hubby went fishing all day but in the afternoon my energy was zapped, my headache was back in full force and it was back to bed for me.

Wednesday we were going to golf and I was supposed to see Janet Jackson with some friends that evening but instead we took a trip to the ER to make sure it was just a viral infection/flu and nothing more serious. The ER is always an adventure, especially when a convict arrives in shackles, having been stabbed. After 4 hours, it was determined I just had a viral infection that would go away with rest. Glad it wasn't anything more serious but that sure was a waste of time.

I finally started to feel a bit better- my headache was dulling and I had a bit more energy. We decided we would still continue with our family trip to Fernie the next day since it would be a bit more fun for everyone else, there would be lots of willing help with the kids and if I still felt bad I could just lay down all day.

We packed up and headed out of town Thursday afternoon. The weather wasn't great in Fernie either but the change of scenery was welcomed by everyone and the company was worth it!

We didn't do too much: walks, hot tub, played games, went to town to window shop, the guys went fishing one day, went for a short run with the kids, had a dance party!

Despite the cool temperatures, we had to go to the best gelato store ever and have a treat! So good!!



It was a nice weekend with family- in spite of the chilly temperature and low-key schedule. The kids loved all the attention!

Reading with Great-Grandma


Blocks all day. Every day!


Fun at the park, despite the cold temps and need to bring a towel to wipe down the equipment!


Balloon found. Life made!


Shopping is always fun when you have a steering wheel!!


Loving the outdoors. Freedom!!


Good call on bringing 35 books Mom!



That wraps up our family staycation. Obviously being sick put a huge damper on our plans but we had lots of fun doing the few things that we did!

I can't believe it's September and almost fall! Where did summer go?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun staycation! Probably good that you were home while sick instead of having to truck into work..being sick under office lights is pretty much the most miserable thing. I still need to get to Heritage park..we've only been there once for a wedding reception and didn't get to see much of the place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well but it still looks like everyone had a fun staycation!! I need to visit Heritage Park one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I am sorry you were not feeling well! I love Heritage Park, I need to get back there! We went a few years ago for their Halloween thing. Glad you still got to go and enjoy Fernie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn to being sick on your holidays! No fun at all. Did the kids catch it at all? Hopefully not. Still looks like you got to have some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's a crappy way to have to spend a good chunk of your vacation! Glad you guys still made it out of town tho - at least that usually feels like you had a "vacation".

    And lol to the "balloon found, life made"! Those are Sully's thoughts exactly. And I swear he can spot a balloon a mile away! Best thing I ever bought him was one of those foil helium balloons from the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO sucks you were sick on your holiday!!! :( BOO. But glad you got to rest and have some fun too. Love Heritage Park, we keep meaning to go with J but weekends get so busy! I LOVE the photo of Leo and the balloon - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!