Sunday, January 3, 2016

~Outdoor Wintery Fun~

Last week, hubby took Audrey skiing for the first time! His family is really big into skiing and/or snowboarding so he has been waiting impatiently for this day since Audrey was born!

He took her to Canada Olympic Park, which is less than 15 minutes away. Hubby used to teach snowboarding here years ago.

Audrey was very excited to learn to ski! Amazingly, my goggles fit her!




They spent quite a bit of time on the bunny hill, teaching her to 'pizza'. It was a bit difficult since 'pizza' to a ballerina is plie, not snowplow! Hubby had to quickly find a new analogy for her!

She kept wanting to go up to the top- daredevil! Nothing like her mother, which is good!


Her second favourite part may have been the break for hot chocolate! Now that's like her mom!


They had lots of fun and Audrey was fast asleep before even leaving the parking lot! They are excited to get out on the hill again this month.

We also took a trip downtown for Zoo Lights! I haven't been since I was in high school so I was pretty excited!

It was super busy that night but there are plenty of light displays to see.

The kids were mostly content to stay warm inside the Chariot, while we stayed warm with hot chocolate.





Zebra!

Giraffe!

Dinosaur!


Everyone roaring like dinosaurs!



What fun wintery activities have you been up to? 

3 comments:

  1. So cute that she loved skiing so much. I can't wait until Liam is a bit older to try that stuff.

    I went snowshoeing last week and it was a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that she is learning to ski! Brave girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go A!!! I'm not a winter person at all... Poor kid will have his fun outside with Daddy or Grandma and Grandpa. I will take him outside the odd time, like today because we were already dressed warm from playgroup! The lights are neat! That is a winter activity I could tolerate haha! I'm such a wuss, especially being prego!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!