Tuesday, January 19, 2016

~Run for L'Arche 2016: Getting Back to Running~

New Year, New Training Program!

I took a 2 month hiatus from running to give myself a mental and physical break. I needed to change things up, for both my body and my mind. And it has done wonders!

Now that we are into the new year, I am ready to get back into running and start training for my first race of 2016- Run for L'Arche 5 Mile!


I've done this race a couple times- both the half marathon in 2013 and the 5 Mile in 2015. It's so well organized, a great flat course, great logistics (love Eau Claire races) and for an excellent cause.


The first Run for L’Arche was held in 2011. The inspiration for the event came from a trip to run the Marathon Medoc in France by a group of runners from Rogers Insurance and L’Arche Calgary in 2010. Since then, the Run for L’Arche has raised over $150,000 for L’Arche Calgary’s homes and programs for adults with developmental disabilities. Every year, the event hosts 500 participants in the Half Marathon, 5 Mile and 1K Fun Run Walk events. There is a pancake breakfast at the finish line and all participants get a medal! Win- win in my opinion!

This year I'm going to get my family involved and sign them up for the 1K Fun Run since my almost 4 year old asked me when her next race is!

Here is my training schedule for the next 8 weeks, starting next week.




T25 refers to Focus T25, a Beachbody total- body strength training and cardio workout program done at home.

I'll be posting some training tips, my training progress and a few details about Run For L'Arche and L'Arche Calgary over the next 2 months. I am open to suggestions so if there is something you want to see me write about, let me know!

Do you run in the winter? On the treadmill or do you brave the outdoors? 


5 comments:

  1. Good luck with training!

    i have been running outdoors since I don't have a treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting to get back into running, and I am loving getting outside for a run when I can! Otherwise it's on the treadmill while Luke naps :)
    Enjoy your training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to training and running this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing Run for L'Arche too?! I've done the half marathon the past two years and it's a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I've been eyeing up this race for a couple years. If my injury gets in check I would love to join you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!