Monday, January 18, 2016

~What's New Around Here~

The New Year is off to a pretty good start. Winter has most certainly arrived, with its cold and snow. I would be lying if I wasn't slightly envious of my in-laws who are back in Phoenix. Audrey keeps asking when we can go visit them in their "new house"!

We booked our flights to New York last week so we are in the planning stages of our trip! We go in May, to celebrate our 10th Anniversary! We are so excited for this trip- it will definitely be something we can check off our travel bucket list! If you have any tips, please share them! I know a few people have been so I'll be checking your trip recap posts for ideas too.


We have been trying to take advantage of this snow- we went tobogganing with the kids last weekend. One of them liked it...


I've been doing Alison's Beachbody Challenge this month which has been good for keeping me accountable with food, my biggest weakness. I can manage to get my workouts in, but I have a hard time saying no to chocolate or any treats! So while I am not completely cutting myself off (that is just a set up for failure of me), I am reducing them, and trying to eat more balanced overall so I don't get the 4pm energy crash.


Audrey and I made energy balls to help with this. They are soooo good!


I have also been getting my workouts in as soon as we get home from work/dayhome on my work days so that it's out of the way and I can relax in the evening rather than getting too pumped up before bedtime. The kids are somewhat helpful in letting me workout.


Hubby joined a local Club downtown so we went for an orientation lunch last week. The kids enjoyed time with Grandma W while we had a fancy lunch! It was really good and I think it will be a great venue for future R+F events and other member events throughout the year.

The countdown is on for Audrey & Leo's birthdays next month so I'm starting to plan for their party. I'm still in denial that they are getting older... I'm not!

I've been visiting lots with friends who just had babies so filling any baby fever I might have! They are so sweet and cuddly but I must say I am enjoying the independence of my children at this age!


Leo is cutting at least 2 molars right now so he is a real treat! Poor kid! So clingy and wanting Mommy, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel a little good!


Work has been super busy for Hubby and I both. The days go by very quickly. My R+F business is rolling along and I have big goals for this year so I'm working on those!

Our house hunt continues. We actually put an offer on my dream home just before Christmas, but long story short the realtor/owner decided it was better for her to rent it out than sell it. It was very disappointing but I have to believe something as good or better will come along soon enough. I'm slightly relieved that we don't have to madly rush to get our house ready for listing.

I'm also about to start preparing for my first race of the year. More details coming up on that soon!


9 comments:

  1. NYC is the best!! We loved it there. I will share more as you plan :) I want to go back for sure. I know the perfect house will come along for you guys, though it is annoying when those things happen! Cannot wait to hear more about your race plans, I think I have almost nailed down my half for 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about NYC. You have to go to Ellen's Stardust diner. It's so fun with up and coming broadway singers performing on the tables. I loved it so much I went twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC is such a fun city! You guys will have so much fun. That sucks that your dream house fell through. Where was it? Fingers crossed something else that you love just as much comes along soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYC will be soo much fun!! You guys deserve it!! I have to say I agree with Leo on the snow haha. Hopefully you guys will find your dream home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for an upcoming family trip! Where was the house? We are DYING to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC is my favourite city!! I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry the house didn't work out but, you're right, something better will come up! Great job on the challenge! I'm doing a 30 day one right now (half way done) and it's been interesting to say the least... Let me know if you have any questions about NYC. I've been five times in the last few years. I'm a bit obsessed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the worst when your dream house doesn't work out?! This happened to us when we were buying a house in BC and I found it so hard to look at any houses after that for a few weeks because I could not stop thinking about the house we lost :( BUT, everything does happen for a reason so I'm confident an even better house will come along! :) Yay for NYC! I was there for a week last May - a beautiful time of year to go - quite warm out, but not grossly hot yet. Definitely get a subway pass - convenient and once you get the hang of it, a lot of fun! Make sure you take the time to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New York is definitely on my bucket list for places to visit, I'm looking forward to reading your posts about it :)
    Teething = Worst. Luke got his first two teeth over Christmas, and I'm pretty sure he's working on the top two right now. I'm ready for it to be done for a while!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!