Wednesday, February 17, 2016

~Run for L'Arche: Training Recap Week #3 & Motivation~





The 5 Mile plan:





This week was also an exercise in flexibility and listening to my body.

To recap my 3rd week of training:

Monday: T25 Rip T' Up. I really like this workout!

Tuesday: 2.5 Mile run was on the schedule however I had plans that night with a friend so I took a rest day instead.

Wednesday: T25 was on the schedule. Instead I made up my 2.5 mile run from yesterday. I had to stop halfway through the run to check on the kids so I don't know my exact time- I think it was around 26-27 minutes. It wasn't my best run- it was at 8pm, I was tired and I kept jumping on the rails.

My new running shoes! Bright enough?


Thursday: T25 Pyramid. It was my first time doing this workout and I was a bit scared by the name. I was pleasantly surprised and LOVED it!! It went by so quickly and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It was hard but the moves were manageable.

Friday: T25 or yoga was on the schedule. I did my second run of the week- should have been 2 Miles but I did 2.5 Miles because it took me so long to get into it. The first 1.5 miles were a struggle. It took about 28 min.


Saturday: Rest

Sunday: I was supposed to run 3 miles. I did not. Running has been a real struggle this past week. I wasn't feeling that great and couldn't force myself out there in the morning which was the only time I could fit it in.

***

Running was a struggle this week. I'm not sure why but I am finding it very difficult to get motivated for my runs. Usually when my motivation is lacking, I look for some quotes and mantras to pump me up. I also need to focus on WHY I am doing this because I don't have to. When I first started running I didn't enjoy it but I quickly learned to appreciate the mental and physical benefits of doing it. It's such a sense of accomplishment, especially growing up not playing sports or doing anything athletic. Running has added so many positive to my life so I need to remember that!










For my upcoming runs this week, I'm going to listen to a good podcast (possibly Bachelor related...) or watch an exciting show (The Good Wife...) while running which will help my motivation. This week my runs will be awesome! :)

What do you do when your motivation is down? Share your favourite quote or mantra!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! My week of runs was the exact same! I have been struggling to like them never mind enjoy them. It has been terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to podcasts while running. Some of my favourite podcasts I only allow myself to listen to during a run and since I really want to listen it motivates me to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the workouts last week! Love your new shoes! I just bought myself a pair today- went in for something else and came home with shoes. Haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!