Tuesday, February 23, 2016

~Run For L'Arche: Training Recap Week #4~






The 5 Mile plan:



To recap my 4th week of training:

Monday: Schedule called for a T25 Workout- instead I made up my run from last Sunday. I did 3.1 miles in ~36 minutes. Proof that the treadmill is not my friend! I know this was supposed to be a long, slow run but that is really slow! I kept jumping on the rails and even attempted to distract myself with a training call and TV show on Netflicks. It was still difficult! (I also think the calibration is off on my treadmill).

Tuesday: T25 Pyramid. This workout is killer but I like it!

Wednesday: my workouts are all mixed up this week due to me skipping last Sunday's run.
I did my 2.5 mile run in the evening and actually braved the scary dark to run outside by myself ;)



It felt so good to run outside and it was a much better run than my last few treadmill runs. I'm going to have to get outside more! I really have no excuse (unless hubby isn't home to be with the kids) since it has been so mild out.

Thursday:  T25 Speed 3.0. This workout almost killed me! It's so hard, you get so sweaty but it goes by so fast! There were a few sets I thought my heart might beat out of my chest!


Friday: 2 miles on the treadmill. 24 minutes which seems exceptionally slow! I think my treadmill calibration is off. I was running fairly hard and was super sweaty! I also didn't jump on the rails once so that's a victory for me! 

Saturday: Rest

Sunday:  I almost took another rest day because I wasn't feeling well (caught the cold my family has been battling all year). After eating some breakfast and seeing how nice it was outside, I knew I had to at least get out there for a short run. Plus it was supposed to be slow anyway.


I was supposed to run 3.5 miles (5.6K). I ended up doing 5.27k, average pace 7:11/km. Definitely on the slow side but I'm happy I got out for the run in the first place!

I started off this run with my running jacket and headband and quickly had to shed them because it was so nice outside!

I think I found my love for running again... it was just outside! Treadmill runs are still in my future but I need to make an effort to do more runs outside when I can.

What's the longest run you have done on the treadmill? What's your favourite treadmill workout?

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the workouts! Nothing wrong with having to switch your workouts around to get them done :) Haha, running outside is much better than on the treadmill- to me anyways. I don't mind running in the dark as long as I have a head lamp and reflectors

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!