Monday, February 29, 2016

~Weekend Recap~

Happy "Leap Year" Day!

Love getting an extra day every 4 years! I remember getting a text from my Dad on February 23rd with him saying that if I was another week late I could have a leap year baby! I texted back saying that I was in labour already so that wasn't going to happen! A couple moms in my Mommy Group did have leap year babies so they are celebrating their first official birthday today, even if they are 4!

So my "weekend" actually started 5 days ago. I took Audrey's birthday off so that I could spend the day with her. I actually only worked 1 day last week because I was sick on Monday. It was a nice break from work but I am actually glad to be back!

Wednesday we celebrated Audrey's birthday so it was all about her! You can read more about what we did that day here.


Thursday we met up with my sister at the mall. She wasn't able to make the birthday party on the weekend due to my niece having ringette playoffs. She really wanted to give the kids their presents and spend some time with them.

It was such a gorgeous day out that I decided instead of running on the treadmill during Leo's nap, I would take the kids for a run in the Chariot when he woke up. They were heavy but it was so worth it to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and sun. It has been unseasonably warm here- I can't remember ever being able to run outside in capris and shorts in February!


We stopped at the park after the run!


Audrey got some new puzzles for her birthday and they both enjoy doing them together.


Friday we went to Costco. It was busy as usual but we survived!

In the afternoon it was beautiful again so we went for a bike ride/walk. Audrey didn't want to go at first but when I told her she could ride her bike she flew to the door!



That night I finished crafting for the party, while drinking wine and watching Suits. While on the edge of my seat!! The suspense!!

Saturday we ran a few errands while hubby worked on the laundry room counter project.

Change "craft supplies" with tools and this explains all my husband's DIY projects...


After dance class, while Leo napped, Audrey and I set out to make the birthday party cupcakes. She's a pretty good little helper!



Leo woke up just in time for the best part of baking- licking the spatula!



The boys did puzzles and Leo insisted on wearing a hat like Daddy!


Another wild Saturday night decorating for the party and catching up on The Good Wife!

Sunday mornings are for lining up cars in sun beams.


I did my long run in the late-morning. It was windy out (look at my hair!) but I had a great run!


In the afternoon, we had Audrey and Leo's birthday party! It was a blast celebrating with lots of family and friends. The kids had so much fun and it went by so quickly! I'll do a birthday recap later this week.






I spent the rest of the evening cleaning up and relaxing! Nice to put my feet up after being on them all day long!

7 comments:

  1. I need to start planning Wes's birthday! Crafts and supplies and cakes..oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Audrey's apron!! Soo cute!! Sounds like a fun week/end aside from the sickies!! Glad you are feeling better!! Can't wait to hear more about the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to get out and run! I agree getting out is worth it, even pushing the two kids, good for you :) The party looks great, I love Audrey's dress, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! Good for you for getting out to run with both kiddos. Strong mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and busy weekend! I haven't taken Sully out in the chariot for a run in months because I'm scared it will be too hard haha, but look at you go! That's super impressive! The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend. Excited to hear about the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed that you push both kids in the stroller...I struggle with just Amelia and Harley helps pull me along ;) it was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!