Wednesday, March 16, 2016

~Run for L'Arche: Training Recap Week #7 with Race Day Tips~





The 5 Mile plan:


It's RACE WEEK!!!! Hard to believe! So far the weather is looking fab-u-lous!



How did Week #7 go?

Monday: T25 Rip'T Up. Worked that upper body and gave my legs a bit of a rest from the previous day's long run.

Tuesday: I was supposed to do 3 miles. Due to kids going to bed so late and hubby working late I ended up doing 2 miles on the treadmill at 9:15pm. 23 min.


Wednesday: Rest. House hunting after work so no time to get a workout in.

Thursday: I decided to do a longer run today to make up for Tuesday's short run. I ended up doing 4.71km 6.18min/km (just under 3 miles). It was dark outside and I started listening to the Serial podcast but I had to switch to music. Too scary!


Friday: T25 Pyramid.


Saturday: Rest day

Sunday: I was supposed to do my long run but I came down with a bad cold so I slept most of the day. A run was not going to happen. It's a good thing my long run last weekend was longer than necessary!

The week started off well in terms of workouts but my cold really derailed me at the end. Hopefully it's cleared up by race day.

Here are a few of my personal race day tips that you will hopefully find helpful.

Race Day Tips:

~ Don't wear anything new for the first time to the race
~ Bring warm clothes for after the race to change into
~ Drink water, eat a good breakfast, bring a light snack if there will be a long time between breakfast and when you start running
~ Be courteous on the course- don't get in the way of faster runners and if you need to walk (I usually do!), pull over to the side so people can pass you
~ Account for time for parking and bathroom break- nothing worse than being rushed to the start line
~ Thank the Volunteers- they are probably freezing (well maybe not this year!) and many of them are out on the course longer than us runners
~ Have fun! Enjoy the excitement but remember to run your OWN race!

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!


4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this weekend!I hope your cold is feeling better so you're ready to race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like great weather for the race, good luck and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo urns to colds ruining your training plans! Hope you are feeling better and looking forward to seeing you on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great race day tips. I agree about not wearing anything new - my first half marathon I wore a new water belt and chaffed like a mo fo lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!