Tuesday, May 17, 2016

~Frock Box~

Before I jump into my New York City recaps, I have to share my first Frock Box! I was a bit hesitant to try this monthly subscription but after seeing the great items that Alison received and knowing that it's a Canadian company, I figured I didn't have much to lose!

The process of setting up the subscription online was so easy. I felt like they asked good questions to really understand what I like to wear, and my body type to help pick the right items for me.

The package arrived while I was away so I was excited to see what I received! It was almost like Christmas since I really didn't have any idea what they would be sending me!

Item #1- Flamingo pink shirt with lace back and pocket

I wasn't sure about this at first since I have a similar shirt but as soon as I tried it on I loved it! It's so soft, comfy and different. Plus I like anything chevron ;) I wore a white tank underneath.

This one is a keeper!




Item #2- Rust blazer

I have a very similar blazer from Aritzia in a light grey colour. I love the shape but rust is not my colour.

This one is a no.


Item #3- Black bubble tank

I knew the moment I read the description, before I even pulled it out of the bag that I would not like this shirt. I don't like anything with elastic at the bottom.

This one is a no.



Item #4- Purple button up dress with lace back and hem

I love the colour of this dress!! The lace is so pretty and different. It is lined at the bottom so not see-through. Always a bonus!

I am really torn on this one. It hangs a bit weird at the sides and the top button pops a bit. I feel like it's a bit casual for work or a wedding, even with a sweater or blazer, but too dressy for every day. I'm really trying to only buy things that I love and know I will wear.

This one is a no.





Item #5- Navy and mint chevron maxi

Chevron? Check. Mint? Check. Maxi? Check! Just a few of my favourite things! I have a hard time finding maxis I like that aren't see-through, thick straps so I can wear a bra, nice colours and that hang nice. This one fits the bill! I usually don't like navy but this is a brighter navy and a nice change from my usual black. If I had to find something wrong with it I would say it's a bit long (I might get it hemmed) and the care instructions say to hand wash it. Who has time for that?

This one is a keeper!


Two out of five isn't bad. I was really undecided on the purple dress. I was going to wear it to work this week but I wasn't excited about it and knew I would be adjusting it all day so that was the sign that it isn't right for me. I'm really focussing on only buying things that I love since I have spent far too much money on items that I only kind-of liked and therefore rarely wear. 

I'm definitely looking forward to next month's Frock Box! 


6 comments:

  1. I love the maxi dress! You're so right - it's so hard to find one's that aren't see through or that have thick enough straps so you can wear a normal bra (I hate strapless bras unless it's a really special event!). And I agree - if you have to "force" yourself to like/keep something, it probably won't ever get worn!

    I love seeing what people get in their Frock Boxes. I'm too scared to try it - I'm so picky and I feel like I have a really hard body type to dress right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maxi dress is so cute! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I have that bubble tank and cardigan (in black!). I really like the back of that purple dress but not so much the rest. I'm terrible with Frock Box because I'm super picky about colours and patterns and prefer neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that maxi dress!! So what brands are the clothes? All different? I'm too nervous to take the plunge and try because I'm soo tall!! So you just send back what you don't want? Shipping included? And then you have to pay additional for the item?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress on your for sure! So cute! I am so glad you tried it out! I love the service!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered a Frock Box as well! So excited for it to arrive! I LOVE that maxi!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!