Monday, May 2, 2016

~Week + End Recap~

Seriously, it's May?? This year is a flyin'! I know this month is going to be an awesome one though!

It was a steady, fun-filled week + end so let's get right to it.

Wednesday was Audrey and Leo's last day at the day home they had been at for the last 15 months. There may have been tears... from me. J was such a lovely lady and we loved her! 

The kids all made "Good bye" pictures for each other. 


It was soccer session #2 and I struggled to get Audrey organized to go. She did not want to play at all. Thankfully Daddy came home in time to get her ready and we all headed to the field. It was a bit chilly out but all the running around kept everyone warm.

Audrey was much better once she was out there.


Leo desperately wanted to be on the field playing with everyone else!


Occasionally I could distract him with a ball!


Doing drills


Thursday we took it easy. We did chores around the house, wrestled with bears and played dress up.


Audrey and I made muffins.


We cuddled lots!


I did a killer workout during nap time! I think this was my favourite Sweats in the City workout this challenge.



The kids twisted our rubber arms after dinner to go for ice cream. They started off eating them daintily and soon there was chocolate and ice cream everywhere! Whoever invented wipes is a genius!


Friday morning we met up with Alison (Delainey and Ryder), Leigh (Amelia) and Brie (Sully) for a Zoo date.

Leo checking out the planes in the sky


We headed to the Dinosaur Park after the penguins. The Dinosaurs were "working" this time and Leo was fascinated by all the sounds and movement each of the dinosaurs made.

Learning about dinosaurs



The kids had so much fun checking out all the dinosaurs and animals. Seeing the bears was a big highlight! They were pretty active, minus this lazy grizzly!




Apparently they were tired... both conked out on the ride home and transferred to their beds without waking. Nice break for mama!



Hubby ended up working late and the meal plan was beyond my skill so we went to Boston Pizza instead. I did have a salad... which had more calories than a Diary Queen Peanut Buster Parfait! I only ate half but still! I'm just glad I didn't have to cook or clean up!



After the kids went to bed, I went to yoga for the first time in awhile. I really need to go once a week.

Saturday we headed to the Market for coffee, playground and groceries.


They had a bonfire going so we roasted some marshmallows.


I can't even remember what we did for the rest of the day... clearly nothing worth noting!

Sunday morning I went for a run and once again overdressed. I need to update my running attire guide that any temperature over 5C and sunny requires short sleeves only!


Since hubby and I will be in New York City for Mother's Day next weekend, they decided to treat me to an early brunch.

This silly guy wearing his sunglasses upside down! And he insists on holding his backpack in the car!


I heard good things about Vendome Cafe in Sunnyside. There was a long line up out the door so hubby occupied the kids while I waited. It was well worth it though!


The kids had waffles that were to die for! I had a breakfast poutine that was so delicious (and probably not healthy). I would definitely go there again!


I think I'm good for eating out for a bit... until NYC next weekend!

We went to MEC since we were close by and hubby needed a few things. Shopping with young children is a bit crazy, especially when you don't bring in the stroller.

In the afternoon, hubby painted the rest of the fence while Leo napped and I got my nails done. After 4.5 years, I broke down and got gel nails again. I like them but they are taking a bit to get used to.


We had Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner since they are back from Phoenix.

Only a couple more work days and then off to New York City!! I might be a bit excited! Just a few million things to do to get ready!

And I officially survived Tax Season 2015!! It was the toughest one I've been through so far so I'm glad I came out mostly sane. 


4 comments:

  1. too bad Audrey doesn't love soccer (yet??!) I need to get back to the zoo to check out the working dinos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, how is it May?! I need to check out those workouts soon, anything quick and dirty for busier days :)
    I always under dress for runs since I know I do better a little cold than too hot. And once you are out there you usually warm up, unless it is raining (or winter!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the goodbye pictures to the kids! So cute. How is the new day home going so far? Hopefully well. Glad we were able to come to the zoo and see you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I hate when a salad is more calories than something else not "healthy". Which one did you get?? How is the new day home? Your early Mother's Day brunch sounds delicious! Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!