Monday, June 20, 2016

~A Day in Kananaskis~

Hubby had a work training session at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis last Friday so we met up with him afterwards for dinner and to spend the night. 

Not much sleeping happened that night- Leo was a little too riled up about sharing a bed with Mommy. He struggled to fall asleep- I ended up having to leave the room at 9:30pm because he would not settle down. When I came back 30 minutes later he was still awake but at least he was calm. I could not fall asleep however. Then he woke up at 3:00am for no good reason and was kicking me and not settling down again. I finally ended up moving to Hubby and Audrey's bed and he went back to sleep. Traveling with my children is not for the faint of heart!

Exhausted as we were, it was hard to be grumpy when you wake up in the beautiful mountains. It's so calm and serene- the total opposite of Leo!

After breakfast, (kids eat free!), we headed to the pool. Leo is our little fish and you couldn't keep him out of the water. He just kept jumping back in and out of the pool. He loved walking along the side of the hot tub.

Audrey was a bit more hesitant but eventually she warmed up and was in the pool no problem. I think we need more family swimming dates in the near future. 

After we checked out, we went to the playground for a bit and went on a short walk on the trails around the hotel. 

I actually brought out the real camera for once!




Handing his mama some flowers! (Don't worry- we only let them pick the dandelions)


A nice gentleman offered to take our picture


Checking out all the wildflowers





Boy and his sticks!








Kananaskis is such a beautiful and calming place. I think we will be back more in the future for some day trips (or even nights away) since it's only an hour from our house and the hotel is so children-friendly. I think we will bring the bikes up too since they have some good paths.

4 comments:

  1. I know its not exactly next door to you but we are headed out soon to our 10th anniversary trip soon in Montana at Glacier National Park... hope its pretty and peaceful too. We aren't bringing the 3 kiddos though, so it will automatically be quieter. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, minus the lack of sleep haha. Noah will settle and sleep with anyone BUT me! I got him to fall asleep with me ONCE in Florida! He just gets too excited to lay down with me and wants to play! Love the family photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, the night/lack of sleep doesn't sound like fun, but glad you guys were able to get out of the city for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha oh man, that does not sound like a fun night! Sully still sleeps in a playpen when travelling, but I'm always wondering what the next step is when he grows out of that...is there a toddler travel bed?! I dread the sleepless nights sharing a bed haha. At least your next day looks like it made up for the lack of sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!