Wednesday, June 1, 2016

~Halfway through 2016: Personal, Professional & Fitness Goals~

I know I'm not the only one wondering where the first half of 2016 went! Do you remember when time used to drag on? Not anymore!

I didn't formally write out my 2016 goals here for the world to see but I thought it would be a good time to check in with myself to see how I'm doing and how I want the rest of 2016 to go to reach my goals.



Personal

1) Read more books. I'm really enjoying Brie's virtual book club, even though I'm a book behind already! My goal is 1 per month since that's realistic!



2) Less screen time. In order to reach some of my other goals, I need to reduce my screen time. I've tried an alarm in the evening to help me which works sometimes but then I get sucked into something and hours pass. 

3) Go to bed early on my work nights. I'm tired. I'm a night owl which doesn't bode well when I have to wake up at 5:00am 3x a week. I MUST go to bed by 10-10:30pm on my work nights.

4) Stay in better contact with my family. Schedule monthly family dinners again

Professional

I've been able to enjoy an amazing work-life balance since going back to work part time last year. Zero complaints there and I hope to continue this schedule.

As for my business with Rodan + Fields, I've been very happy with how much my business has thrived so far. What I've been able to accomplish and grow very part-time is satisfying.

My goals for R+F for the rest of 2016:

1) Face my fears and move out of my comfort zone. It will be worth it.

2) "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"  I often struggle (in a few areas of life, not just my business) with spending so much time making something perfect that it never gets done. It doesn't have to be perfect.



Fitness & Nutrition

1) Half Marathon PR- I have a half marathon coming up in August (and possibly October) that I would love to PR. Which means I need to start running faster NOW. Seawheeze is not a flat course so I've got my work cut out for me. Hill training starts now!
2) Do a race I've never done before- all my races this year I've done in past years so it would be nice to try something new! I'm taking suggestions!

3) Take control of my eating- reduce sweets, meal plan for lunches and on the weekends. Wine on the weekends only.


4) Continue my water intake of 2L per day. This has been going well but I still struggle on the weekends sometimes.



What (local-ish) race do you suggest I add to my calendar this year?
When do you find time to read books? Share one of your goals with me!
 

3 comments:

  1. Have you run any of the MEC or 5 peak races? There is one in July for 5 peaks that I am thinking of running

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine on Bachelor nights too though right? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of goals!! SeaWheeze is my current PR course. It's hilly but running at sea-level helps! Good luck with your training!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!