I didn't formally write out my 2016 goals here for the world to see but I thought it would be a good time to check in with myself to see how I'm doing and how I want the rest of 2016 to go to reach my goals.
1) Read more books. I'm really enjoying Brie's virtual book club, even though I'm a book behind already! My goal is 1 per month since that's realistic!
2) Less screen time. In order to reach some of my other goals, I need to reduce my screen time. I've tried an alarm in the evening to help me which works sometimes but then I get sucked into something and hours pass.
3) Go to bed early on my work nights. I'm tired. I'm a night owl which doesn't bode well when I have to wake up at 5:00am 3x a week. I MUST go to bed by 10-10:30pm on my work nights.
4) Stay in better contact with my family. Schedule monthly family dinners again
I've been able to enjoy an amazing work-life balance since going back to work part time last year. Zero complaints there and I hope to continue this schedule.
As for my business with Rodan + Fields, I've been very happy with how much my business has thrived so far. What I've been able to accomplish and grow very part-time is satisfying.
My goals for R+F for the rest of 2016:
1) Face my fears and move out of my comfort zone. It will be worth it.
2) "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" I often struggle (in a few areas of life, not just my business) with spending so much time making something perfect that it never gets done. It doesn't have to be perfect.
Fitness & Nutrition
1) Half Marathon PR- I have a half marathon coming up in August (and possibly October) that I would love to PR. Which means I need to start running faster NOW. Seawheeze is not a flat course so I've got my work cut out for me. Hill training starts now!
3) Take control of my eating- reduce sweets, meal plan for lunches and on the weekends. Wine on the weekends only.
4) Continue my water intake of 2L per day. This has been going well but I still struggle on the weekends sometimes.
What (local-ish) race do you suggest I add to my calendar this year?
When do you find time to read books? Share one of your goals with me!