Saturday, December 31, 2016

~Reflection of 2016~

This year was amazing!! It certainly had it's lows but the highs far outweigh any sadness or disappointment that we experienced.

When I think back to almost exactly a year ago (technically still 2015), we put an offer in on my dream house (or what I thought was my dream house). After some back of forth, and then no response, we didn't get it. We did however start seriously looking for a new house. And now, a year later, we are settled into our new house that is perfect for us and are ready for all the adventures that 2017 will bring us!

Some highlights of this year:

January

New Year... time to hit the workouts! Looking back, the month wasn't super eventful but I sure worked hard at reaching my fitness goals, doing a Beachbody Challenge Group with Alison.



I also found this photo from a fun mommy-daughter date that Audrey and I had!


February

We celebrated two very special birthdays!

Leo turned two!


Audrey turned four!


We had a fun joint party for them!



March

I did the Run for L'Arche 5 Miler with a few friends.


My sis and I went for a weekend trip to Canmore to go to the spa- our Christmas present to each other!



April

A sweet friend came into town and she convinced me to try a Barre class with her! It was hot and sweaty but I really enjoyed it! I especially enjoyed seeing her!



Our family welcomed a new member, my nephew Lukas!


May

 Hubby and I went to New York to celebrate our 10th anniversary!

Running in Central Park

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge

Anniversary dinner at Nobu

A trip to Tiffany's

June

After months of house hunting, 3 unsuccessful offers, we decided to list our house. It sold in 2 days!


We also spent a lot of time at the soccer field watching Audrey play. Even if Leo was more interested in kicking the ball than his sister!


July

We bought a new house so the mad packing began.

Hubby and I ran the 10K Stampede Road Race.  My sister did the 5K and the Audrey and Leo did the kids races.

My sis and I
Ange and I at the finish line!
Leo's first race
Audrey racing with Auntie
August

We went to Slave Lake on the long weekend for a family reunion.


We moved to our new house at the beginning of August.



I went to Vancouver with my bestie to run Seawheeze!





September

We find out we are expecting baby #3!!


We also spent a lot of time exploring our new neighbourhood and Griffith Woods.



October

I went to Las Vegas for the Rodan + Fields convention!




November

I had a quiet month as I attempted to survive terrible all.day.sickness.

But seeing this sweet baby on the ultrasound at 12 weeks was worth it all!




December

 We spent the last month of the year getting ready for Christmas. Lots of parties and Christmas events.

We decided to get a tree from a tree lot this year since it was too cold to go cut down our own.


My full Engelmann Spruce tree (not a Balsam fir like I thought but FULL is what I wanted!) I loved it's fullness but it shed so many needles!!


Christmas Day


Christmas Day bump


Audrey had a her first week of ski lessons at Winsport (COP). She rocked it!


Leo tried skiing with Daddy for the first time! He loved it but was too impatient! He wanted to go on the steeper runs right away!



We went tobogganing a few times on the hills by our house. The kids love it! All this snow is good for something!


These are only a few highlights of 2016!!  It was hard to narrow it down! I feel so lucky to have had such a great year and I know that while 2017 will be different, it will full of adventures and a new baby!!

Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing year!! Love this recap!!! I miss that challenge group!! I'm ready to get started again haha. I just love how your year ended!! Soo excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing year! SO much fun and excitement. Loved looking back!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!