Wednesday, January 11, 2017

~Baby N#3: 19-20 Weeks~

How big is Baby N#3?


Baby is the size of a girl's bun! I laughed pretty hard at this since I've been wearing a lot of mom buns lately! Also this is subjective because bun sizes can vary! 6.46 inches and 10.58 ounces.

Aversions or Cravings?
 Still craving lots of sweets but I think that's more holiday related than baby ;) Now that the holidays are over I need to focus on healthy eating and not having chocolate with every meal. Meat still isn't my favourite but I can eat it now without gagging.


Movement?
As suspected, the anatomy ultrasound confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta, which is different from my last 2 babies. However, I have started feeling lots of movement, and even some kicks from the outside, especially in the evening so I'm excited for that!

How I'm feeling?
I'm continuing to feel better. I have a bit more energy which is great. No nausea or vomiting so I'll continue on Diclectin for awhile. I am definitely feeling pregnant though- aches, pains, hard getting up and bending over! And I'm only half way!!!

I also had a co-worker tell me this week that my belly is big for 5 months. It's so hard to not take comments like that personally but I'm glad I have a bigger belly this time because last time I had a small baby so they are actually watching the baby's growth more closely this time. 

What I'm Wearing?
Mostly maternity clothes with a few regular shirts. I'm definitely sticking to the capsule wardrobe this time. I lived in leggings over the holidays, only putting on jeans when I really needed to!

Belly Button?
Still in but getting shallow.

Sleep?
I still get tired easily so I slept in a lot during Christmas holidays. I need to go to bed earlier though so I don't get too sleep deprived.

Workouts?
With the holidays, I finally found the time and energy to workout a few times with consistency. I feel so much better physically and mentally when I workout so this is a priority. I'm doing the T25 Alpha and Beta workouts, with lots of modifications. Partially because I'm pregnant but also because I'm out of shape for not working out for 2-3 months! My cardio and stamina is so low!

I signed up for a prenatal yoga class. While I'm not expecting it to be much of a workout, I am looking forward to the weekly hour that I can just focus on me and this baby and relax a bit.  I am having a hard time finding other prenatal workouts close by and I find a lot of places don't want you to start working out there if you weren't already doing the activity pre-pregnancy. Also, once I registered for this prenatal yoga, the confirmation says they require a ParaMed-X for Pregnancy form signed off by your doctor! For YOGA??? I'm sure they have their legitimate reasons for requiring this but I had to book a last minute appointment with a doctor (not even my doctor!) to get it signed in time for the first class. It would have been nice if they had mentioned in the class description that this form is required, rather than after I paid.

Ultimately I'm just glad that I am moving again!

What I'm Excited for? 
Feeling more movement and the kids being able to feel the baby kick too! I think they will enjoy that. 

What I Miss? 
Energy, working out and wine. Plus lots of winter activities aren't recommended for pregnant women for risk of falling so I feel like I am missing out on skiing, skating, tobogganing, etc.

Highlights?
Our anatomy ultrasound was last week. Baby was very busy and not very cooperative for some of the measurements. Heart rate is around 160 bpm. We did NOT find out the sex which was very hard but also exciting for it to be a surprise on birth day!

I'm probably a bit biased but I think this baby is pretty cute already!





Baby Purchases & Projects?
Trying to figure out names. Why are boy names so hard? Our girls name list is much longer although we still haven't narrowed it down at all. I think we have one boys name that we kind of like but aren't sold on. Sometimes I wish babies were like cabbage patch dolls and came with a name already! Please share your suggestions!


Weekly Belly Pic



8 comments:

  1. Ah! Your bump is so cute! I am glad you are starting to feel better.
    We need to plan another lunch date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a male or female coworker that said that to you? It's like when people tell you that you look tired. Thanks, but you might as well say that I look like crap that day, haha.I have a posterior placenta this time, which is different than Amelia. Definitely feeling way more movement this time around! Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back into a rhythm with working out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the top you are wearing in the 20 week photo.

    Also, LOL at the wishing babies were like cabbage patch dolls and coming with a name already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an anterior placenta with Chloe but didn't find that out until my ultrasound at 34 weeks! I had a ton of movement so it confused me lol.

    You look great and love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated when people told me I looked tired. Like, thanks a lot, I'm well aware that you just said I look like crap - go away!
    What a cute little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!!! Boy names were soo hard for us, if we decide to try again and it's a boy, there's only one other name haha! I need to start eating better as well and I'm not prego!!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you are starting to feel better! Names are hard in general!! SO annoying you needed a form for a yoga class, what a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I think you look fantastic! Why do people feel it's okay to make stupid comments like that to pregnant women?! You wouldn't say anything to someone who's just gained weight!

    You're halfway there! I'm excited for both you and Leigh to be on maternity leave again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!