Thursday, January 26, 2017

~Baby N#3: 21-22 Weeks~

How big is Baby N#3?


Baby is the size of a burrito with the works! He/she is getting bigger- ~ 11.38 inches and over a pound! And now I want a burrito.

Aversions or Cravings?
 No aversions but I still want all the carbs and sugar. I'm really trying to plan healthy meals for myself so I don't give in too often to those sweet cravings. Gestational diabetes testing is coming up.


Movement?
Definitely lots of movement all the time! Little kicks and jabs all throughout the day and night. Pretty awesome feeling!

How I'm feeling?
I was feeling great until hubby and I came down with a stomach bug last week at the exact same time! It was awful! Thankfully it only lasted 2 days. My energy is still low, especially when I have super busy days so I'm forcing myself to take it easy when needed.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I am struggling with the weight gain, lack of working out and body changes but I try to remind myself that it's all temporary, important for the baby and focus on the positives of how amazing it is to be able to grow a baby again! 

What I'm Wearing?
All the comfy maternity clothes. I'm sticking with basics that are comfortable, make me feel good and I can easily accessorize. I find I am so much warmer this pregnancy (and it's not even warm out) so I mostly try to wear short sleeves and layer with sweaters.

Belly Button?
Still in but getting shallow.

Sleep?
Still good. Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep at night but I'm still comfortable.

Workouts?
I've managed to do 2-3 workouts a week for the last 2 weeks. Considering I was sick, had some hip/back pain and had lower energy I am happy with what I did do.

I had some bad hip/lower back pain a couple weeks ago. The first chiro appointment made it worse but the second one helped. I'm trying a new chiro to see if his technique helps me more (he uses a similar technique to what my chiro by my old house used). Basically my glutes are super tight because they and my core are weak (typical pregnancy stuff), which causes my hip to get aggravated. He gave me some stretches to do daily and said to still work on strengthening my glutes (squats and lunges) to help prevent the other areas from tightening too much. 

My weekly prenatal yoga class is super gentle and slow paced but I am actually quite enjoying it. 

What I'm Excited for? 
The kids, especially Audrey are so excited for the baby! Audrey talks about the baby daily, says "hi" to my belly, gives it kisses and insisted the other night that we all sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to the baby at bedtime. I know three will be insane at times but seeing how excited they are now about the baby reminds me that it will all be worth it.

What I Miss? 
Clothes fitting and being fit. All temporary!

Highlights?
We heard the baby at the midwife appointment again. He/she sounds good. Heart rate is between 145-150 bpm. I'm so thankfully I am able to have such loving care with my midwives again.

Baby Purchases & Projects?
Our infant car seat expires just after the baby is born so while I was out buying a baby gift for a friend, I saw our same car seat on sale so I bought it. It's a good thing we don't know what this baby is or else I would be buying everything!

Not quite baby related but we are finally getting around to hanging pictures and art in our house! It's only taken us 5 months! I'm trying to knock off these projects since I know I will have zero time when baby comes.

Belly Picture



4 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love the size comparisons you have been doing! They make me giggle every time. And I know I said it already but I can't believe how much (I feel anyway) that you have popped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!!!! Ugh the flu while prego IS the worst!!! Glad you are feeling better!!! Something is making me guess GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome. So glad you are feeling better. Do you have a guess for sex? Seeing as you've had both??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! That's so cute that Audrey is so excited for the new baby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!