Monday, January 9, 2017

~Weekend Highlights and Lowlights~

Brrrr while I am not overly sad that the weekend is over, it is so cold right now that I don't want to venture outside much!

I thought I would change things up a bit form my usual weekend recap and share some of the highs and lows of the weekend. Not to complain, but so you can all laugh!

High
I tried a new breakfast recipe! I found this Apple Pie Oatmeal recipe in the Oh She Glows recipe book. It looks so delicious and was easy to make.

Low
Sadly, I don't like oatmeal and no matter how good this looks, it didn't taste great to me. I think you need to be an oatmeal lover to appreciate this one.



High
The kids found some sticker books they haven't played with in awhile so they spent a good chunk of Thursday playing with them.



Low
The mess that came with finding the sticker books. Could have been worse!



High
Babe and I had a workout on Thursday morning while the kids played contently around me.



Low
Said workout required a shower and Leo got into my body lotion while I was in the shower. Thankfully it cleaned up easily. But a few minutes later, Audrey started throwing up all over the house which was not easily cleaned up. I'll spare you a photo of that! The washing machine, the stain remover and my elbows got a workout that day.



High
Audrey's bug didn't last long and she was busy playing. These connecting beads she got for Christmas kept her and Leo busy for hours!


She made herself some fancy jewels!



Low
There are now small beads all over my house. She was also losing them when we were at the store the other day. 

High
Shopping and ice cream with my girl!



Low
Her shopping stamina needs some work. Good thing I brought the stroller (the 2 stores we had to go to were at the opposite end of the mall).



High
Playing cards with my girl and puzzles with my boy! They are both at such a fun age- I love seeing them learn new things.

These card holders are the best. My mother-in-law found them in the US.




Low
Trying to find all the cards after Leo hides them all! 

With this extreme cold we have been hibernating inside a lot, which leads to cabin fever. Let's hope it warms up soon so we can get outside and burn off some energy! And not have to wear 5 million layers to go outside ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Love this format! Oh no the puking! No fun at all. Especially when pregnant. Gag. D would love those beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked oatmeal I can do, but otherwise no. I just can't do the texture otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!