Tuesday, February 28, 2017

~Audrey & Leo's Unicorn & Dinosaur Birthday Party~

Last weekend we hosted Audrey 5th and Leo's 3rd birthday party! Having birthdays only a couple weeks apart means that it's easiest for me and likely our guests to combine their party. 

Audrey loves all things ponies and unicorns so she was thrilled with the unicorn theme! Leo is dinosaur obsessed so it was a no brainer!

I found a great joint invite on Etsy and contacted the seller to see if she could make a banner, and cupcake toppers as well. She was able to make it happen which really helped the theme come together. 


I decided to run with the gold theme- I found some gold glitter decorations and glittery paper. 

Front entrance alcove- Valetine's flowers going strong!


More glittery gold banners


A few hanging decorations


Happy Birthday Banner and Chalkboard sign made by hubby



A certain birthday boy photo bombing! Clearly not ready for the party yet in his pjs!



 All ready to party with the balloons blown up!


Birthday boy and girl all ready in their birthday shirts! I had them made by a Canadian Etsy shop HappyHeartApparel  The seller was amazing to deal with since I requested Leo's shirt custom and a few modifications to Audrey's. Both kids were pretty pumped for their birthday shirts and I love that they can wear them again!





The food!

Rainbow cupcakes with buttercream icing


Gluten-free cupcakes for some of our guests


Unicorn and dinosaur sugar cookies



I saw these sour dinosaur candies and knew they would be perfect!


Baby Unicorn Puffs for our littlest guests



Rainbow fruit platter


Unicorn horns- like Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow but better (in my opinion since I LOVE white chocolate!) To.die.for! I might have to make some more! Or not- since I will eat it all!






For activities for the kids, we had a "Decorate a Unicorn Horn" and "Decorate a Dinosaur Horn" station. I searched high and low for plain party hats for the kids to decorate.




Unicorn and dinosaur colouring


As the guests arrived, the kids gravitated to the activity table. Lots of creative horns were made!



My super creative hubby made the 'Pin the horn' unicorn and dinosaur pictures.





'Pin the horn' on the dinosaur!






To thank our guests for coming to celebrate with us we made goodie bags- Unicorns for the girls and Dinosaurs for the boys, plus some stickers and dino candies.


Audrey and Leo had so much fun and we are so glad so many friends and family could join us to celebrate their big days!


4 comments:

  1. Such a fun party! I LOVED the theme and the kids had a great time. Their shirts were so great! Those dino sours are my favorite candy and the unicorn muddy buddies were SO delicious!! Thanks again for having us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with the party and decorations! Thanks again for having us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party turned out awesome. Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job with the party! I admit, I kind of felt the pressure with Sully's since it fell on the heals of this one hahaha! ;) I didn't even realize we used the same dino colouring sheets! And your hubby is SO creative! That's awesome. Did he hand draw the pin on the tail posters??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!