Wednesday, April 5, 2017

~Baby N#3: 31-32 Weeks~

How big is Baby N#3?


Baby is the size of a bento box. Thankfully not as square as one or that would be very uncomfortable! Measuring approximately 16 inches and 3.75lbs.

Movement?
I feel like movement has slowed down- babe must be running out of space. Still lots of movement in the evenings compared to daytime although a sugar and/or cold drink gets baby kicking lots.

How I'm feeling?
My midwife appointment at 31 weeks, 3 days brought a bit of stress for me since baby was breech and I had high blood pressure- 2 of the reasons why Leo was born early. I already had an ultrasound booked right after to check baby's growth- which is perfect! Afterwards I went for blood work. The next day my midwives emailed me to say my blood work came back perfectly- not a single concern. They rechecked my blood pressure a few days later and it was back to normal. They told me not to stress about baby being breech- it's still super early and lots of time for baby to flip on it's own. I seriously love how caring and support my midwives are- they always take the time to acknowledge my concerns, explain everything to me and reassure me that everything will be fine, regardless of the outcome.

So I've been seeing my chiropractor for the Webster technique (release tight ligaments that might be preventing baby from turning) and an acupuncturist to encourage balance and movement throughout the body so hopefully baby gets the memo. I had a lot of movement last week which made me think baby possibly turned but I'm not 100% sure. I still feel like a head is at my ribs so we will see this week at my next MW appointment. In the meantime I'm trying to not stress about what this could mean.

Sleep?
No complaints there. Still wake up once in the night to go to the bathroom and sometimes when baby kicks too much but overall I'm not having insomnia or discomfort while sleeping.

Workouts?
Other than walks and running after kids, I haven't worked out much the last couple of weeks. I'm so tired in the evenings and I've been preoccupied with trying to get the baby to flip!


Highlights?
Definitely seeing the baby at the ultrasound! I think baby looks like Leo. We could see it practicing breathing, opening it's mouth, sucking it's thumb and blinking! It was so neat! Ultrasounds never get old!! I also resisted *again* not finding out the gender.



Baby Purchases & Projects?
I've started going through my newborn stuff and pulling out all the gender neutral, boy and girl newborn clothes. I still need to wash and organize it all.
Audrey and I went shopping for "coming home" outfits for the baby. We found one for a girl but nothing stood out for a boy. I remember now how much I dislike a lot of the baby boy clothes. What's wrong with plain? Does everything have to have a truck, or puppy or cars on it? I've ordered a few things online that will work for either gender.

I also found a baby book that I like so I picked that up while I remembered!


I ordered a dress online for maternity photos but it arrived damaged! Thankfully the customer service is amazing and they said they would ship me a new one immediately. I just hope it arrives in time for my maternity photos and that I don't have to pay duty again... I need to figure out what the rest of the family will be wearing and where we are going to do them!


Bump Photo

I can not for the life of me get rid of the shadow around my front side! I've tried flash, no flash, changing walls, etc. It makes me look even bigger than I already am!! 


4 comments:

  1. I love these posts! I love the new "sizes" each week. The bento box is SO cute!! Looking good, Momma! Glad you're still feeling great! Is there anything you can do about the baby being breech? Any exercises or stretches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all sorts of positions that are supposed to encourage the baby to turn, plus chiropractor adjustments, acupuncture and other homeopathic/ Chinese medicine things you can take. You can also have an OB and externally try to turn baby which is a last resort closer to 36-37 weeks.

      Delete
  2. C was breech for the longest time and flipped sometimes between 30-34 weeks, I bet this baby will too! :)
    Where was the dress from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kimono!
    That's so sad about the dress! Was it Pink Blush? Fingers crossed babe flips on it's own!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!