Monday, May 1, 2017

Last Weekend Before Baby #3?

It's May which means baby month!! Today, I am officially 37 weeks, full term, so baby can come at any time! Yes, I know technically baby could be another 3-4 weeks away but it's looking like baby will be here sooner rather than later so this really felt like it could be the last weekend before baby makes it's debut!

Wednesday was a tough day since it was my sister's mother-in-law's funeral. She passed away after a short battle with esophageal cancer. It was hard to see my family grieve for her but knowing that she is pain-free now helps.

My niece had her performances of The Little Mermaid last week so a whole bunch of us went on Wednesday to watch. Audrey was pretty excited to watch Emma perform as Ursula, even if she was the mean one! She did an amazing job!


Thursday our plans involved staying around the house since we had a repair man coming over fix our washer as it was leaking-- yes, it's brand new. We did some manicures while we were waiting.


Since we didn't know when the repairman was coming, we had Brie and kids over for a playdate at our house.

The boys were a little crazy playing with one another but overall they had fun!! Emmy entertained us with her sweet coos when she woke up.



Thanks for bringing over treats, Brie! Next time we will get out of the house and let the boys run around outside to burn off that energy!

After Leo's nap, the kids crafted quietly while I continued to nest. Yup- it's a real thing that has been kicking in hard now that baby is almost here!


Friday the kids went to the dayhome since we had an OB consult booked at the hospital to discuss our options with our breech babe. We weren't sure how long we were going to have to wait for so we brought books and snacks to pass the time.

We ended up being there for just over 2 hours which wasn't bad.


I took advantage of the child-free afternoon and ran a bunch of errands, including a quick trip to Ikea to pick up a few baby items. I also picked up this stool to hopefully stop the kids from dragging my chair into the kitchen every 5 minutes to help! I do miss our counter top height breakfast bar and stools at our old house.


I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Dockatot. Fingers crossed this brings lots of sleep dust to our house! 


Audrey proudly showed me her doll's new artwork. I love how she wrote her name on her arm... She has roses and leaves on her face- she got the idea from one of her books.


Saturday morning Audrey and I had a mommy/daughter date after ballet. We had to buy her some new shoes since she just went through a big growth spurt!

I thought painting pottery would be a great activity for us to do together since she loves to craft. She was in heaven trying to pick out something to paint. She ended up with this sugar dish with spoon!



I painted this simple, yet pretty bowl which I will probably use in my office or bedroom.


It was my sister's birthday on Saturday so we went for pedicures, shopping and dinner. I got my first shellac pedicure since I doubt I will get another chance for another pedicure before baby comes.

My sister and I shared these delicious yet overpriced chocolates from Sugarfina-- shopping fuel!


We walked almost the entire mall before meeting our Mom for dinner. My poor legs and feet were so sore and swollen!

We went to Bazille and had a delicious dinner as usual. Sadly I did not get to enjoy a yummy beverage-- soon though!


Sunday morning we took the kids swimming at Westside. I'm really starting to feel the pressure that our life as a family of 4 is about to change drastically so I really wanted to do something fun with the kids that we won't be able to do for awhile again. I also wanted to float in the pool for awhile since that is supposed to help breech babies turn. 

The kids had a blast at the pool- they are both getting so confident in the water so they are going to rock their swim lessons in June! 

Leo fell asleep on the way home (less than 10 minute drive!) so while hubby and Audrey went to the Garden Show, I did some more organizing and things around the house. 

Grandma and Grandpa are back home from Phoenix so we went there for dinner and a visit. The kids were both slightly disappointed that we weren't going to Phoenix to visit them but they quickly forgot once they saw them!

So I guess only time will tell if this was our last weekend before baby comes or if we have another one or two left! I hope baby stays in for a little while longer, to be honest!!

It's my last week of work and I am ready to be done!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! SO crazy it's already baby month! What did you find out about your breech babe plans? Hope the swimming did the trick! ;) Last week of work, that's amazing! We should plan a date before baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and your niece looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting that this is your last week of work! I have 18 days left....not that I counted (and then freaked out about!). Sounds like you guys had a great week and weekend. I need to get a pedicure so badly. That's on my to due list along with a million other things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you and ready to find out if baby #3 if a boy or girl! haha.
    What is the breech plans? If you want to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a busy busy weekend!
    I can't believe it's already time for that little babe to make an appearance. Hopefully everything works out with the breech situation.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!