Sunday, June 25, 2017

:Henry: One Month:


Blink of an eye and we are celebrating one month with Henry! Oh how fast it goes!

So what's this little man like?

Eating: He eats every 2-4 hours day and night. He's been a good eater from the start and he's obviously gaining weight. He has the biggest belches which is hilarious that someone so small can make noises like that.

Sleeping: He sleeps like a typical newborn, especially at night. He wakes every 2-3 hours to feed. I have been bringing him into bed to feed him side-lying, which means I usually fall asleep too. The Dockatot was kicked out of our bed by 2 weeks-- hubby said it didn't have much room on the bed. So usually Henry will sleep for about 4 hours in the Dockatot in his crib in our room. When he wakes around 1:30am then I bring him into bed to feed him. I usually put him back into his bed around 3:30 and back into our bed at 5:30am until we get up around 7-8am. It's not perfect but we are in survival mode right now so it won't last forever.

Day time sleep is another matter. This baby is our most alert one. His naps range from 30 minutes to 4 hours but usually on the shorter side. From the very beginning he hasn't just fallen back asleep after feeding. He is usually awake for anywhere from 45 minutes to 2-3 hours. The longer awake stretches he is fussy because he is tired but he won't go to sleep! He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort-- he isn't crying, unless you put him down! He doesn't love the baby wrap either so I hold him a lot!

Diapers: Newborn size and size 1. The Honest Company diapers are smaller so he was leaking through those for longer stretches even though he is within the weight limit. So we've bought some size 1s, even though we still have a bunch of newborn diapers left.

Weight/Size: He's a healthy boy at 9 lbs, 10 oz!! He's gained 2.5 lbs since birth. Getting too big too fast for my liking. He still fits newborn clothes but I've put away a few sleepers that started to get snug :(

Hair and eyes: Dark brown/black hair and dark blue eyes.

Personality: He is not going to be left behind! He lets his presence be known and he doesn't like to wait for anything.

Nicknames: Hungry Henry, Litte Man

Likes: Cuddling, eating, being held all the time, sleeping on mama.

Dislikes: Being hungry, diaper changes, his soother (most of the time), the carseat unless the car is moving, the bassinet unless he is already asleep, being swaddled too tight but he does like it to help him fall asleep, being left alone.


Mama: Overall I'm doing well. I've recovered so well this time around physically which helps with the emotional healing. The honeymoon phase is over and the sleep deprivation has set in. I've definitely had more baby blues in the last 2 weeks than the 1st two weeks but I think it's mostly when I feel overwhelmed and super tired. Having 3 kids is no joke-- sometimes it feels like at least one of them is crying all the time but that doesn't happen as often as it feels. It's been the best thing to keep the older two in the dayhome for their usual 3 days a week-- some routine for them and a break for me to catch up on sleep, and exciting things like laundry.
Sometimes I feel like I have all this time to think and no time to do anything because I'm constantly nursing or rocking Henry. I try to remind myself that my main job right now is to keep the children alive and mostly care for Henry and everything else can wait. I am so terrible at not accomplishing things that it kind of eats at me knowing I have a huge to-do list and can't do fun things with the kids right now but it's only for a short period of time.

Big Sister & Big Brother: It's definitely been an adjustment for Audrey and Leo to have a new baby brother. Audrey adores Henry and kisses him all day long. She is such a big help-- even to bring me things like my water bottle, or get something for Leo. It's been more of a challenge for Leo-- he's regressed in potty training and being extra mischievous. Sometimes I feel guilty that he is no longer the baby of the family and we've rocked his world but I know in a year or two he will love playing with Henry.



Henry,  you are the perfect completion to our family! It feels like you have always been with us even though it's only been a short 31 days! We love you so!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a month already! Sounds like you guys are all doing so great despite the huge adjustment! He's so sweet and look at him grow! I'm so glad I finally got to meet him and snuggle him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is he already 1 month old? I can imagine it's a big adjustment going from 2-3 but I'm glad things are going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one month Henry! I think you guys are all doing great! I cannot believe he is 9lbs 10oz - but looks so small still!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one month Henry! Having Amelia in the day home has been great for us too. Helps me get stuff done or just catch up on sleep.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!