Friday, June 10, 2011

~Happy Day!~

... and not just because it is Friday! So many things to be thankful for today- the sun is OUT, wedding celebrations, visiting with family, relaxing this weekend, wonderful husband, and lots of motivation to stick with my Challenges.

Even though today is technically the last day of the Sugar Free Challenge, I am going to keep it up for the most part. I will allow myself some treats (hello wedding cake!) but I am addicted to this great feeling that I am sure is from not eating sugar. Combined with working out for at least 20 minutes every day, I feel amazing! My energy levels are high, I haven’t been getting the afternoon “crashes” that I normally get (as long as I eat enough calories in the day) and no more post-meal bloat.

Last night was super busy getting ready to head out of town this weekend so I was only able to fit in a 25 minutes yoga workout. Now that I have done Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown twice I am really starting to like it. I will admit that she annoys me a bit (drill sergeant much?) but it’s a good workout and that’s the important thing.

Yesterday's Sugar Free Meals
Breakfast- Plain yogurt with sugar free vanilla and banana
Snack- Orange
Lunch- Cauliflower Mac n’ cheese, salad, Ukrainian sausage (leftovers)
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Chicken and vegetable Tikka Masala and coconut rice (love!)
Snack- 6 crackers

Chicken Tikka Masala

I need to think of some other snacks because I am probably eating more fruit than I should be. I am going to stalk some blogs of the other Sugar Free Challenge participants and see what I can find.

I spent most of the evening packing (I only have one suitcase, 2 bags and a garment bag for a weekend trip). I like to be prepared and my workout gear takes up a lot of space! The workout challenge isn’t over for another 30 days!!

Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time at the wedding! Take lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make the Tikka Masala? LOVE it, and looking for new recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your no-sugar challenge REALLY intrigues me. But I don't know if I could do it. Maybe I should just try it for a week and see how it goes. Do you just read the ingredients and even if something has 1g of sugar in it you don't eat it?

    Do you eat natural sugars like fruit?

    I'm super interested in this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a chronic over-packer...I love how many bags you're taking.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!