Friday, June 3, 2011

~Monthly Stats- May 2011~

Recap of May and my progress towards my GOALS for 2011.



Total # runs- 13 -at least I am consistent!
Total # kms- 75.5K lowest month this year but I was taking a break from HM training
2011 Total # kms- 479.7K


Best run- Tied between my 10K PR race AND 6K with Rose- she pushed me and made me realize that I can run faster than I think which gave me confidence doing into my 10K race AND my first Hashing experience!
Worst run- 9K run with the fam on the long weekend- mosquitoes, faint and warm. Boo!
Total # races- 1- Calgary Scotiabank Jugo Juice 10K where I got a PR! Woot woot!
Total # non-run workouts- 4- not acceptable. June will be different!
Total # books read this month- 0.5- I am about half way through The Hunger Games. It is a great book but I am finding it hard to make time to read. Maybe if I had a more comfy patio lounger... (O.M.G. I just ruined the ending of the book when I looked up the wiki link!! Darn!!)
Eating Habits- 3.75/5 This month was a lot better for eating. I decided to change my eating habits and not eat any sugar for about a month. That didn't go that well (willpower? Where are you?), so now I am starting a Sugar Free Challenge for 10 days where I will have the support of other bloggers.

May Reflections
May was a great month! Taking a short break from half marathon training but still having a 10K race to train for was the best thing I could have done. The weather, while a bit wet, has been favourable for running.

I am disappointed that I didn't do more cross training during this month long hiatus. Of course this will change with my new 40 Day Challenge. I also didn't read as much- funny how I read less when I am running less!!

I also took a few days off work for a stay-cation where I was able to recharge and get a bunch of stuff done around the house, including buying a new SUV. She's so pretty! I named her Ruby.

*** May also brought the birth of my new Goddaughter!! Born May 31st at 6:02pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!